We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips out playa blanca

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trips out playa blanca

Hi I am going to sandas papagayo end of may and I wondered if there was any good trips out. We have a 7 and 9 year old .. Is there water parks or things of interest xxx

Manchester
Level Contributor
284 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips out playa blanca

You could go to the national park they do full or half day trips. We did half day we found it enough for our grandchildren aged 8 and 6 they just love being at the hotel pools. The best part of the trip for them was the camel ride they loved it so a must do if you go also Rancho Texas is good we didn't go it was far to hot in August to do many trips out. Our kids love this hotel they talk about it all the time and can't wait to go back. There are water parks that opened last year they are attached to other hotels but we never tried them ours where more than happy to stay at the hotel.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips out playa blanca

You can walk up a volcano which is down towards the lighthouse end of Playa Blanca, it's reasonably easy to climb even for children and you get good views of Playa Blanca and Fuerteventura a bus will get you someway down there. There is a crater inside that you can safely get down to as well

Its, apart from the bus fare

…imageshack.us/img507/3684/20130217155705.jpg

Edited: 4:51 am, March 16, 2013
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips out playa blanca

sorry meant to put "It's free apart from the bus fare"

aberdeen
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips out playa blanca

+1 for climbing Montana Roja. Views excellent over a lot of the island as well as Lobos and Fuerteventura. Our then 6 year old managed the climb no problem a few years ago. I noticed the week before last it even seems to be becoming a popular running route.

If you bus it, hop on the half hourly #30 town service at the stop only a few hundred yards inland from your hotel (about 15 and 45 minutes past the hour at that stop, I think). Flat fare is 1.30 euros each, including for your children. Get off at stop 6 (Virginia Park) and it's easy enough to spot where to go from there. To return, get on the bus at the same stop.

Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips out playa blanca

Thanks very much sounds great xx

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips out playa blanca

your children would probably like the Green caves too

Uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips out playa blanca

What are the green caves if I may ask? Been to Lanza b4 but can't remember them. Are there any boat trips from playa blanca other than the big ferries?

Uk
Level Contributor
107 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips out playa blanca

What are the green caves if I may ask? Been to Lanza b4 but can't remember them. Are there any boat trips from playa blanca other than the big ferries?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trips out playa blanca

The Green Caves are on the Northern tour and are caves formed by the Lava which flowed down to the sea.

If you go by car it costs 8 euro's to go in, I think you must be guided, but here is the tour we went on which explains it all

holidayreviews.info/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
11,326 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trips out playa blanca

There is also a submarine trip from Puerto Calero, I think they pick you up from your hotel if you book it

www.submarinesafaris.com

Edited: 5:02 am, March 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca