We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
253 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Hi, I'm looking for a last minute holiday to Lanzarote and I'm undecided between Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen. Prices seem cheaper in Playa Blanca which is more appealing but I'm concerned as to how busy it will be. I'm in my late 40s and still like to go out where it's busy and lively. Will bars be busy at the moment or is all the night lift centred around "cabaret" bars. Any info would be appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,185 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

If you like lively Playa Blanca is not for you, Also it is cheaper in Puerto Del Carmen for eating and drinking out.

PDC has lively nights out if you want and quiet nights with if you fancy a change.

You can see live bands, do a quiz/bingo etc or just have a cocktail and people watch

Happy holidays

Danny

Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,478 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Playa Blanca is a quiet place and doesn't have cabaret bars other than the odd singer or guitarist. Its a place that has nice restaurants near the harbour and marina areas. It stretches over 6 miles along the coastline and its important for you to realise that the far ends are a long long way to walk into town, so becareful where you pick.

Puerto Del Carmen is the place for cabaret bars etc and is much bigger.

IMO Playa Blanca will not be crowded at the moment

Edited: 4:26 am, March 06, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Puerto Del Carmen
Puerto Del Carmen
Lanzarote, Spain
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
13,478 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Yes also agree with Danny Puerto Del Carmen will be cheaper with prices

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Hi

Agree with both the above......PDC for nightlife......PB for relaxation....choice is up to you.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
253 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

Thanks for your quick replies. Think I'll look at PDC, may be Playa Blanca next time but later in the season. :-)

6. Re: First time to Lanzarote - how busy is it ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca