We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rotherham, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

Hi,

I've read the reviews so kind of know what to expect but wondering if anyone who's stayed there can help me out!

I need a room that gets the sun and near to the pool, but not near the road (just going off previous reviews) so wondered if anyone who had stayed there, had a room like this. If so, what number was it!

We've booked a 3 week stay here for May, and with having 2 young children their nap time will be my sunbathing time so a terrace with afternoon sun is a must! And also Im always back & forth to the room all day/night long so wanting one thats not a fair walk to the pool & back

And if you've anymore tips that'd be great. Its our 3rd time to Lanzarote, but normally stay in PDC

Happy Holidays everyone :-))

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
371 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

Hi we stayed here in October. We were a looong way from the pool and main communal areas, our room overlooked the back gate!

Can you not email them in advance and request a good room? If you are there for 3 weeks they shoul accomodate you.

My OH reckons the majority of the rooms will get afternoon sun because of how they are positioned.

We love Playa Blanca (been 3 times) and have just been researching an Easter break there.

Louise

Rotherham, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

Hi Louise,

Yes I think emailing them might be my best bet. Ah I hope your OH is right about the rooms

Is it a windy place? Id heard that Lanzarote is, but when we've been before I cant say that I noticed it, but not sure if thats just how our hotel was positioned (We were in PDC)

Would you go back to the Rio?

Sorry bit like the spanish Inquisition!

Thanks, Kate

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
371 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

Hi

I wouldn't say PB is windy...maybe on certain days. We went to PDC one April and it was windy then.

We wouldn't go back to the Rio. It was ok but the food let it down for us. We loved where it was and the drinks were good. I'm sure you've read my review.

I'd love to go to the Iberostar Lanzarote Park...you pass it on your walk into town - big hotel facing the sea. It's only 3 star but supposed to be very good. When we were at the Rio a couple we spoke to had stayed there before (at the Iberostar) and went to eat there a couple of times.

The Rio is fine, you'll have a lovely time. It's clean and very family friendly. Will look forward to reading your review.

Lou

4. Re: Anyone stayed at HL Rio? Can you advise :-)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, February 04, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca