We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Where to Stay

Just booked Lanzarote for early June and going to PB this time as we normaly stay in CT. Can you advise on a nice place in PB to stay that is quite and relaxing, short walk to restaurants etc. I was looking at Iberostar Papagayo.

Thanks

Edited: 9:12 am, January 07, 2013
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay

Hi jojo

Iberostar Papagayo is at the far end of PB, the resort runs over 6 miles of coastline. IMO the best beach is the Dorado and would be approx a 40 minute walk, with the town's restaurants a further 10 minutes away. The Marina restaurants would be approx 25 minutes but are usually more expensive because of their location.

The Lanzarote Princess, Hesparia and the expensive Princessa Yaiza are the more central hotels. The marina area hotels are 10 mins from beach and 20 mins from the town. There is a natural beach 15 mins away from the Papagaya in the other direction but there are no facilities there

Edited: 10:44 am, January 07, 2013
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay

sorry JoJo the 40minutes would be about 30minutes to the Dorado and 15 mins to the Marina

Edited: 11:15 am, January 07, 2013
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay

Iberostar papagayo is a great hotel provided you are happy to be in a quiet area away from the resort centre. We have stayed here and loved it. We have also stayed at lanzarote princess which was great too. Iberostar papagayo is about 15 mins from marina and another 10 minutes to playa dorada the main beach in playa blanca resort. But the most perfect beach in my opinion is papagayo beach about 20 minutes in the other direction over some pretty rough land. When you get there though it is stunning!!! If you like walking this is the right hotel for you. If not you are better in the centre at a more convenient hotel such as the lanzarote princess or really treat yourself at the princess yaiza!!!

Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay

Sorry to intercept but is Playa Dorado really so far from Iberostar Papagaya.?? Am about to book an apartment next to that hotel and was told it was about 15 mins walk?!

Thanks!

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay

I dont know whether the main road would be any quicker mantaray but it would take 15 minutes from the start of the Marina, we stayed at the end of the Marina closest to the town and it took us 10 minutes normal walking.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay

your hotel is marked A and the beach is left of the picture

…imageshack.us/img404/1196/20130107184245.jpg

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,024 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay

mantaray,

The Iberostar Papagayo is only about 5/6 mins walk past the Marina, and 5 to get to the other side of the Marina, and then about 7 to the beach so 15 mins isn't a million miles off, but 20 might be more realistic, depending on walking speed.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,024 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay

jojo, 5/6 mins walk should take you to the Marina where there is some nice restaurants and then once you've walked through the marina, about 15 mins into Playa Blanca centre. May take a bit longer depending on walking speed.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
12,127 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay

yes the speed is the factor Leyland but it took 10 minutes for us out of the back gate of the Pueblo Marinero to the beach I did time it lol but I could have run it in about 3 minutes in my early days as a runner

Edited: 2:27 pm, January 07, 2013
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,024 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay

I'm only 4'10" but I do walk quite fast lol. It takes us 15/16 mins from the Almacen to the Fund Grube at the marina (about 1.5km)

The Iberostar Papagayo isn't far past the marina, and I know where the apartment is that mantaray is planning to book (providing it's the same one she was asking about previously).

Edited: 2:38 pm, January 07, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca