We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute transfers - don't bother

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute transfers - don't bother

We booked last minute for a transfer to Playa Blanca, on arrival at the airport no one was there to meet us so I gave them a call. This is where the problem started, to begin with I was asked my name and booking reference-no problem then I was actually asked if I had travelled on the correct day???!!! When I assured them that I wasn't that stupid I was then passed from pillar to post until totally loosing all patience with a totally incompetent company I hung up. At no point was any apology made or any attempt to get us a taxi ASAP. Totally avoid this waste of space.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

Have you thought about contacting them directly to air the complaint, so that they might try and put it right for you ?

www.lastminute-transfer.com/contactanos.htm

They're a reputable company and many including myself have never, ever had an issue with them over many years. However mistakes do happen and based on experience they're more than happy to respond to complaints and offer refunds if you contact them directly..........

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,612 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I have to agree with Miss_Chief. They have a good reputation and complaints seem to be few. I think saying they're a waste of space is a bit of an exaggeration, based on one problem with them.

pdcAR
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

Hi JH

For complete clarity can you confirm that you refer to the local company and NOT to a transfer booked on last minute .com.

The passing from pillar to post does not fit with this local operation and whilst there are occasional problems with return pick ups, finding villas etc I do not recall any previous problem from the airport.

UK
Destination Expert
for Ayia Napa, Puerto Del Carmen, Skala, Cyprus, Protaras
Level Contributor
14,013 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I thought the same pdcAR...........hence why I put the link in. I'd be very disappointed if the company concerned didn't get a chance to put it right before being slated on a forum

N.Wales UK
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I also agree with Miss_Chief and pdcAR......please let us know which company you booked with. Many people that post on here (including me) have used Last Minute Transfers and have praised the company. Obviously mistakes can happen with any company but again as Miss_Chief said please ensure you are talking about the same company before complaining about them on an open forum!

co. kerry
Level Contributor
328 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I have to agree with Miss Chief and Hever I have used Last Minute several times in the past and had no problems, but, problems can and do occur in even the best run companies. If I were you I would contact them and give them a chance to put things right.

Cheers Jack

Hull
Level Contributor
238 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I'm very interested to read this. I've been planning on using them for our first trip next month as they seem to be the only company I can find that will drop off at private villas but this post worries me a little.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,612 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I wouldn't worry. They are recommended by many people. The OP hasn't come back yet to confirm that he booked through last minute transfers as opposed to last minute.com.

England
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I can confirm that I booked my transfer with last minute transfers. Whilst I realise that mistakes do happen it was the fact that there was no apology nor any attempt to get a taxi to us as soon as was possible. I also resent being spoken to like an idiot. For this reasons I feel my comments were totally justified.

Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Last minute transfers - don't bother

I've just used them this past week and both pick up and transfer went without a hitch!

Used them last time too and moved hotels and still no problems.

Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca