We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cashing travelles cheques

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
89 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Cashing travelles cheques

My Mother in Law has insisted on taking travellers cheques when go on holiday next week. Is she likely to be able to cash them anywhere?

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
118 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Cashing travelles cheques

Leyland, i have no wish to know how you manage your finances, you are obviousely a very sesible person with money. .

Millions, myself included, are obviously not of right mind.

My advice, for people like me, is to steer well clear of any Credit Card.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,208 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Cashing travelles cheques

Tell your mother in law to contact her bank for a debit card to use at ATM's

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Cashing travelles cheques

You will manage this time round to get a card "the same day" as you apply at Thomas Cook, Thomson's, Co-op Travel, just take your passport and proof of address with you and they will fix you up with there and then, no waiting!

For future visits abroad apply for a Caxton Card, we have all 3, Euro, Dollar & Global, and they are fantastic!

If you are not going away within the next 10 days, you would manage to get one this week, as it is a simple online application, pay the 1st £10, which you get back on the card in euro's.

www.caxtonfx.com

Carryduff
Level Contributor
59 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Cashing travelles cheques

I took a Caxton FX card with me back in July after many years of using travellers cheques. I pre-loaded the card before I left home and used it at many of the ATMs in Playa Blanca. Simple and easy to use and you have control of your spending. I would definitely recommend it. It is now particularly difficult to cash travellers cheques in Playa Blanca although I think that some of the Indian Bazaars still do this.

15. Re: Cashing travelles cheques

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, November 05, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca