We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timanfaya Palace bed length

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Beverley, United...
11 posts
Save Topic
Timanfaya Palace bed length

Hi, my first post so apologies if I have asked in the wrong place. We are looking to come to stay at Timanfaya Palace Hotel and have been put off a bit by the latest reviews regarding the beds being short for taller people and feet dangling over the end. This may not be a concern to most people, but not good if over 6ft. Thanks to anyone who has any information.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

My husband's feet always dangle over the end of the bed, both at home and when we're away, irrespective of where we stay.

Beverley, United...
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

Thanks for reply. I know it's a strange question, he has never had any problem with beds anywhere, but it was just the latest reviews that got us thinking.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

I've never stayed in the Timanfaya Palace so have no knowledge re bed length but the all the beds we've slept in in Lanza have been a normal length, and they certainly were when we used to stay in the Lanzarote Princess, which is owned by the same group, so presumably get their beds from the same supplier.

Hopefully someone that has stayed there will be able to help you.

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,529 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

Personally. I think a lot of beds in most overseas locations are a "Continental" size, which are a shade longer than British...

My youngest son is 6' 3" and has no problem with beds abroad,

Troon, United...
Level Contributor
63 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

Its a well known fact that people who holiday in Lanzarote are vertically challenged, therefore the bed sizes tend to be on the smaller side.

Antwerp, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

My partner is 1,94m and we never have a problem anywhere. I'm sure the Timanfaya beds will be the same ones as the other H10 hotels (like the nearby Rubicon Palace where we have staid 3 times).

Wirral UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

Got back from here on the 27th Oct we had a room change 025 twin beds and 239 double both the widest bed we have ever slept in but very short I am just six foot and over hung up to my knees ( about a foot only joking ) the beds are made for durability not for comfort , the sunbeds are more comfortable if you can get one that is .

8. Re: Timanfaya Palace bed length

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, December 14, 2013