We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

December Weather

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
December Weather

Hello,

Weather in December ?

We have booked to be in PB over Christmas (23rd Dec til 30th Dec), its the age old question. Has anyone on here been there that time of year..... I know no - one can guarentee weather but it would be good to have an idea (it may sound early but I like to get my holiday clothes in the sales hehe) Just wondering in general what it would be like.

Also Ive heard it gets windy, is it too windy to sunbathe ?

Thanks in advance

Sabrina :)

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
338 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: December Weather

hi sabrina,

i was there last xmas and we had 1 overcast day, it is windy in lanzarote so may need a light cardy for the night,we sunbathed everday , so enjoy

Durham
Level Contributor
130 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: December Weather

We went last December 15 - 22 Dec and the weather was reasonably good - bit cool on the nights but fine during the day. In fact we went back in April and the weather wasn't as good!

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
9,123 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: December Weather

Well it's still winter time in lanzarote so weather can be changeable but it's usually low 20's during the day dropping to mid teens at night (possible to drop a few degrees cooler on a odd night). Possible to get overcast days and some sharp short rain showers. Please be warned you can still burn even if it's overcast.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: December Weather

Thanks all for that, its really helpful to know :)

Is everywhere still open on christmas day ? Hoping ot be sunbathing during the day but wondering about evening time (I understand its a low key night time place which is great, but would love to do something)

Thanks

Sabrina :)

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: December Weather

So when people say it's warm in December what temperatures are we looking at? Around 23 degrees?

Going second week of December and fingers crossed that it's warm enough to wear t shirt and shorts!

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: December Weather

See post #3.

birmingham
Level Contributor
187 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: December Weather

Hi ya, we were there two years ago for the Christmas and New year, and had great weather during the day but as previous reviews have said it does get chilly on the night....we only had one night of rain and that was on the Christmas night and it was heavy but hey ho the following day glorious sunshine again.. I would say about 22 23 deg.....comfortable, but as said gets chilly on the night time so light jacket or warm cardi should suffice......hope you have great holiday.....we are there again this Christmas, family of 12 of us staying at the Sun Island, and really hoping that we have a good time well at least as we did 2 years ago in the Paradise beach hotel....happy holidays to you alll

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: December Weather

Is it a bit greener in December than in summer?

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,913 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: December Weather

Only if they've had rain, which hasn't been the case for the last 18 months.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: December Weather

I thought they had had a fair bit recently? I remember seeing some rain mentioned on facebook under their lanzarote page. And saw a video or too on youtube too. And I just read here it rained last night. :)