We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental - Help!

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stockton
Level Contributor
31 posts
11 reviews
Villa Rental - Help!

We are hoping to rent a villa in Playa Blanca in April but don't wnat to hire a car. I am finiding it difficult to work out locations. We have a son who uses a wheelchair for longer journeys and don't want to be stuck miles from anywhere or down a long unlit road. Any help on locations would be really appreciated.

Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
1,572 posts
53 reviews
1. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

Unless you have a particular reason for not renting a car, I'd recommend you do - even is you don't use it much during your stay, it's often almost as cheap to rent a car as it is to get return taxis to/from the airport. Plus it gives you the option of a villa in any location as you'll be more mobile (and a chance to see around this beautiful island).

If however you're set against a car, I guess a villa near Marina Rubicon or Los Calamares might be good options. You need to really check the location however since many villas describe themselves at/near Marina Rubicon but many are quite a distance away.

Eastbourne, East...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

We are renting a Villa close to Rubicon Marina in June as fairly central to everywhere. Marina with shops, bars, restaurants etc on doorstep, main beach approx 10 min walk and town another 10 mins on top of that, but nice flat coastal path all way along with street lights and no roads from what I can remember from our stay last year and I had suffered severe broken ankle of tibia and fibula a few months prior to our stay.

Eastbourne, East...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

We are renting a Villa close to Rubicon Marina in June as fairly central to everywhere. Marina with shops, bars, restaurants etc on doorstep, main beach approx 10 min walk and town another 10 mins on top of that, but nice flat coastal path all way along with street lights and no roads from what I can remember from our stay last year and I had suffered severe broken ankle of tibia and fibula a few months prior to our stay.

Eastbourne, East...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

We are renting a Villa close to Rubicon Marina in June as fairly central to everywhere. Marina with shops, bars, restaurants etc on doorstep, main beach approx 10 min walk and town another 10 mins on top of that, but nice flat coastal path all way along with street lights and no roads from what I can remember from our stay last year.

UK
Level Contributor
102 posts
11 reviews
5. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

We've stayed on los calamares on our last 3 visits and for us you can't beat the location, it's an easy, flat 5-10 mins into the village, but Marina and beaches in the other direction easily walkable too, even with our pushchair. Good restaurant nearby if you can't manage the stroll into town (la bocaina) though I think I've spelt that wrong! Hope you find something you like!

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
108 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

I suggest you try www.lanzarotelates.com

You can email them with questions and they will give prompt honest replies. Have used them twice. Once with a car and one without.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
97 reviews
7. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

Hi there. We have just come back from Playa Blanca & I can honestly say out of all the Spanish locations we have been to over the last few years, this was the best. It has miles of paved walkways along the sea, absolutely wonderful for oldies like me or wheelchairs. There is so many restaurants, shops etc all accessible by wheelchairs. The people are lovely, so friendly. There isn't the 'lager' lout element & I felt so safe wandering round. We hired a car & found the island a joy to drive around, the locals actually drive like human beings, not like 'white van men' which seems to be thew norm in Spain. The roads are fantastic, good signs, you can not get lost, & the scenery is stunning, yes lots of volcanoes, but stunning views & beaches. This is in my opinion the best resort on the island, totally unspoilt, still 'Spanish', they even send fishing boats out from the harbour, then 'gut' the fish on the rocks for you to see. There is 2 ferries a day leave the harbout to go over to fentunentura, 20euros which would make a lovely day out for you all, it only takes 20 mins crossing. Hope this helps, have a great time.

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
262 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

twemmers - thank you for the referral for our company! you can also find us on FB at facebook.com/villaslanzarote

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

Hi

I would recommend that you contact Debs at this email address:

lanzadebnchris@gmail.com

We stayed in a villa managed by her, she is a Lanza resident and manages a few villas and I am sure would be happy to help.

Kind regards

Jane

10. Re: Villa Rental - Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:34 pm, May 31, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca