We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca What Area

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxfordshire, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Blanca What Area

We are looking to go to PB for Xmas. Want an apartment near to main area. Like to eat and drink out hence not interested in AI. Have been to Teguise but not to PB. We are a middle aged couple and would prefer not to have a really long walk to restaurants etc. Can't quite make out what the main area is? Any suggestions/info please.

Thanks

Barnby

San Sebastian...
Level Contributor
386 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Blanca What Area

Hi barnby,

The restaurant area is quite noisy. I recommend you to stay in Las Coloradas area which is near the centre but more relaxed.

If you look for accommodation, you sould look on trip advisor vacation rentals or flipkey. There you will find many options and with reviews from people who have been there before.

Best regards,

Stella with Feelfree Rentals

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,829 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Blanca What Area

Hi

I can't agree with feelfree rentals. Los Colorades is quiet a way from the centre.

I would look at Las Brisas, Casas del Sol, Las Casitas, Los Calamares. All are within 5/10 mins walk of the centre of Playa Blanca for shops and restaurants. From there you can walk left towards the Marina and then further on to Los Colorades, or right towards Playa Flamingo, and much further on to the lighthouse.

http://www.lanzarote.com/maps/playa-blanca/

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
10,885 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Blanca What Area

Playa Blanca is spread over about 6 miles, Papagoya at one end and the lighthouse at the other

IMO I would recommend the Pueblo Marineros apts at the Rubicon Marina. There are restaurants just two mins away. Also IMO the Dorado Beach the best one, just 10mins walk. The town restaurants and harbour about 20/25 mins away. The Dorado beach is probably the most central location to the harbour and the marina but not many apartments in that area that are close enough. Anywhere else and you may find that you are heading to the extremes of PB and long walks/taxis/or buses to get to the town

Edited: 12:37 pm, August 16, 2011
4. Re: Playa Blanca What Area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, October 11, 2012