We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playa Blanca holidays

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Playa Blanca holidays

Me & my girlfriend are planning a holidays in Playa Blanca in the end of August / beginning of September. We have chosen Iberostar Lanzarote Park Hotel - can anyone please give me an advice on this hotel and how far is it from resort centre? We're not looking for luxury but anyway this hotel looks quite good and is not that expensive.

Also, would anyone be so kind and advise me what are the best beaches nearby - have heard lots about Papagayo beaches but are there any other nice ones? What is the best option how to get to Papagayo beaches as we're not planning to hire a car?

And last guestion - which are the best value restaurants in Playa Blanca?

Many thanks in advance for any help. :-)

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

Its a short walk along the prom from the hotel into the town centre, say 10-15 minutes. To go to Papagayo, you could walk it, I would guess just over 80 minutes to the first beach and just under 2 hours to Papagayo, Elle will be able to advise better. There is also a water taxi service from the harbour to Papagayo but I have no details/info on this. If you walk the other way there is Playa Flamingo which is 5-10 minutes walk.

No idea on restuarants, hopefully someone else can advise or do a seach.

enjoy

Keith

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

Thank you, Keith, do you know if there is any bus service to Papagayo?

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

The local bus will take you as far as the Papagayo Arena Hotel. From there it is about 15 minutes walk to the first beach.

C

x

London, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

Thank you very much for your help, guys. How would you rate Iberostar Lanzarote Park Hotel, is it decent place to stay or shall I look for something else?

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

As Celtygirl says, there is a local bus you can catch to the hotel right on the edge of Playa Blanca where is a short walk to the first of mainly beachs that make up Papagayao. Your not going to get a bus or taxi (normally) go there as its a non tarmaced road. The coastal path starts by the enterance into the Aenea hotel, just take care decending on the paths onto the beaches as they can be a bit loose under foot. A few photos on here of the beaches.

www.lanzarotephoto.webs.com

enjoy

Keith

Nottingham
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

I've not stayed there but I've not heard any complaints about it.

C

x

Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
6,534 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

Not heard anything bad either, have a read of this

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652121-d3195…

enjoy

Keith

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
318 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

Lanzarote Park is a lovely hotel, very clean, good food, friendly staff, good location, the lovely flamingo beach only 5 mins away and 10/15 mins walk from the centre of Playa Blanca.

9. Re: Playa Blanca holidays

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 02, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca