We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas fun?

Which Playa Blanca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
christmas fun?

hi all myself and husband are lookin into going to playa blanca with two kids 7 and 5 mnths for xmas and possibly new year... never been away for christmas!

has anyone been here for xmas,is it busy? full of life or really quiet? are places open over the holidays?whats the weather like, will we be able to swim etc...

playa blanca is it one big village r consist of a few? what areas ar close to "centre" beaches??

thanks in advance,,im pretty clueless as never been to lanzarote but have heard great feedback

UK
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: christmas fun?

Playa Blanca is one village, with a centre consisting of a decent number of restaurants and shops. A lot of the accomodation is away from the centre in reidential areas, particularly villa accomodation.

It's fairly busy, but if you want lots of life Puerto del Carmen may be better for you. It's brasher and busier, but still a nice place to stay.

We have spent a few Xmases in Playa Blanca. It's not always hot enough to swim in the sea, but we did so comfortably Xmas before last and briefly Xmas just gone!

Sligo, Ireland
Level Contributor
8 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: christmas fun?

Hi thanks for reply

yeah we want a kinda quiet place for the family you know, lots of food swimming ( in heated pool!) walks etc..restaurants in the eves,, the villa we have our eye on is in parque del ray(casa arabella)ever heard of it, is it close?

have u ever been for new year?anything special at that time?

thanks

UK
Level Contributor
1,213 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: christmas fun?

I think Parque del Rey is about 20 mins walk from Playa Blanca centre and the beach. We stayed in a villa with heated pool in ths Costa Papagayo area, which is also about 20 mins from centre and to the best beach, Playa Dorada.

There are fireworks for new year's eve!

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
262 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: christmas fun?

Ooo thats my families villa! If I can be of any assistance don't hesitate to ask. There are reviews on here too tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g652121-d1151…

5. Re: christmas fun?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:22 am, February 15, 2012