We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

East Yorkshire
Level Contributor
46 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

Hi everyone, going to Papagayo Arena on Sunday for one week, not been to Lanzarote before so just wondered what was a must to see. Also, i see the weather has improved which is great but what is it like on an evening, is it chilly? and does it get windy at Playa Blanca? Any help much appreciated! many thanks, x

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

In reference to your weather questions, take a look at the website below.

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

I hope you have a great time.

England
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

Visiting Timanfaya National Park (the Volcanoes) is an absolute must.

Personally, the basic tours are better value than the longer ones that include a meal etc. We used "Lastminute excursions". They have an office in the middle of Playablanca shopping precinct.

We went across to Fueventura, but on relfection, it was a waste of money. The ferries are very expensive.

We never found the weather in the evening to be a problem. I started off the holiday tying a lightweight jumper round my waist for the walk back to the villa, but I never needed it. Short sleeves were fine.

It can get very windy in Playa Blanca. The day we went to Timanfaya, it must have been gusting to around 40-50mph. But on more still days, it was just a nice and refreshing breeze.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,879 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

If you are hiring a car you can see the whole island very easily. Timanfaya National Park is a must see.

You get exactly the same tour around the volcanoes as on an organised trip but without the meal. It is usually quite windy and cooler round the volcanoes than down in resort.

If you can try and visit Haria (the valley of a thousand palms). The views from the twisting road looking down on the town are amazing. Famara cliffs are spectacular. El Golfo and Los Hervideros are quite close to Playa Blanca and if it's windy the waves at Los Hervideros can be huge.

Evenings can be chilly (depends on how soon you feel the cold. I even take a cover up out with me in July/August time) so take something with sleeves just in case.

Have a great holiday you lucky things. I will have to wait till September before visiting Playa Blanca again.

spain
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

Must see in Playa Blanca :

- Almacen de la Sal (restaurant)

- Papgayo beaches

- Marina Rubicon

- Timanfaya

- La Geria / STRATVS bodega (wine)

Others locations :

- Jameos del Agua (north)

- Famara beach (north)

- Mirador del Rio (north)

- Lagomar (restaurant, nazaret)

Have a good trip ;)

5. Re: First time to Lanzarote, what is a must to see?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 24, 2009