We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Football

Hi, I can see through searching Google that there are a few bars to watch the footy, but where is the best? Don't want the cheapest bar with the smallest screen, I'd like a nice pint with a decent atmosphere! Thanks in advance

11 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
226 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football

The Papagayo centre will have the most choice with multiple bars with big screens but its a 5 mile long resort so may depend on where you are staying. The Anvil irish bar near the harbour and several surrounding bars will all cover the football. At Faro Park you have the Snug and the Lighthouse. Most places will have a sign up outside saying which matches are on.

Edited: 6:25 pm, October 17, 2017
Mentioned in this post
Papagayo
Papagayo
101 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Faro
Faro
Faro District, Portugal
Huddersfield...
Level Contributor
1,220 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football

As previous post indicates, depends where you are staying, let us know and can tailor info for you. Popeyes at cc Limoges has great choice but could be miles away from you.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football

Cheers guys, we're staying at the Lansazur

Lanzarote
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football

Football with ATMOSPHERE ! As an alternative to watching it on the TV! have you thought of attending a LIVE Spanish Game? U.D.Lanzarote Third Division group 12. Next home Game 29th October against League Leaders U.D.San Fernando. Venue: Ciudad Deportiva Lanzarote in Arrecife.Kick Off 12 Noon gates open one hour before kick off. Tickets upon entry Adults €8 Pensioners €6 under 18yrs FREE.Food and Drink (inc Beer) can be purchased inside the Ground. U.D. Lanzarote have a great following Local residents,Foreign Resident and Holidaymakers who return again and again. The Club, It's players and Fans are All Family Friendly. Take a look at Facebook u.d.lanzarote (spanish) Facebook lanzarotefootball (English) and www.lanzarotefootball.com good public transport links from the resorts on the website click directions for full details. If you have any further questions then ask here or via Facebook.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Arrecife
Arrecife
Lanzarote, Spain
Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football

Amazing! That is something I would most definitely have gone to watch, and being a Plymouth Fan I'm used to lower league standard ha!!! Unfortunately, I am flying home at 11am that morning. Thanks for the heads up tho, if anything it'll make me look at local footy teams when I travel away. My last trip to Salou we took in Barcelona v Roma. A bit different of course, but an amazing experience nonetheless.

Mentioned in this post
Salou
Salou
Costa Dorada, Spain
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Lanzarote
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Football

Tha'ts a shame as it is expected to be a cracking game. You will see from the Facebook pages (English) that many say the quality of the games are well worth seeing. (of course as with all teams they can have off days)! not too many we hope :-) Hope you have enjoyed your Holiday in Lanzarote and will return again.

Mentioned in this post
Lanzarote
Lanzarote
Canary Islands, Spain
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football

My recommendation would be T & N bar on the seafront between the town beach and the harbour.

A great location, multiple screen, a decent pint and atmosphere.

I am a Shrewsbury Town season ticket holder and can't believe we are top of the league, I hope Plymouth's form picks up.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
310 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Football

Hi Nick - Thanks for the recommendation. We earned a good point against you last Saturday, thought we'd hold on. We are improving, but a stubborn manager isn't always the greatest asset! Good luck for the season. Cheers again

Level Contributor
226 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Football

You will be about a ten min walk to the punta limones complex on the front just west of the harbour. Anvil bar and Popeyes will show football plus one or two more. A further 15 min walk east past the harbour and town centre will take you to the Papagayo centre. Plenty of choice at both and in between. I suggest you do a research trip in advance to check out the beer ! I would not swap live football for anything but second place is watching it in a bar in decent weather with a sea view !

Mentioned in this post
Papagayo
Papagayo
101 Reviews
Lanzarote, Spain
Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
620 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Football

Nath enjoy your holiday in PB, it's a great place.

Reply to: Football
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca