We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Put childs wrong age on booking

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
735 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Put childs wrong age on booking

Hi all,

I was pricing the H10 Princess for my sister, her partner and child but when I was making the booking I put my nephews wrong age in by mistake and then when I checked again with correct age price increased by 400.

Has this happened to anyone before, will I inform the hotel of my mistake I dont want any hassle for them when they arrive.

TIA

13 replies to this topic
Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

did you re check the price again with the age you originally put in

1) It could be a price increase for booking a few days later or

2) your nephew's age could now be over a discounted price age

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

Yes i put in 6 he is actually now 7 just completely forgot.

I feel really bad, I will just email them and i will pay the difference myself

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

so does the hotel charge more for a seven year old than a six ?

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

Yes looks like it 400 more I wouldnt mind hes a tiny little thing would pass for a 5 year old... I have emailed and asked about it...

Do you have to give childs passport on arrival?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

well our hotel apartments ask for our passports on arrival but not sure as don't have a child.

Not sure which site you have used but first check whether it says over 6's there is a higher price .

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
735 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

I have emailed and asked can they give me the same price as for a 6... fingers crossed it not ill just give my sister the difference.

Its their 1st holiday in years so will help them out.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

yes best of luck, as not heard of children being over 6 paying more, I can imagine 12 year old's eating more

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,493 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

I just did a dummy booking through booking.com for a week in Feb and the price is the same for a seven year old as a six year old

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
5,073 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

I could be wrong but I suspect some tour operators have jacked up their prices following Monarch collapse.

They may be hoping that people will book early to ensure getting the flights that they want.

When you check in I could not imagine that reception would be bothered that your child was now 7 but if you make a formal change to your booking I would not put it past a tour company to make an admin charge

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Put childs wrong age on booking

Don't think the reception at hotels check the ages of children , from passports , I'm sure they photocopy them , and give / send them to the police

Sounds like very dubious practice , particularly as Dellboy has checked it and there is no difference wether it's a 6 or 7 year old , and 400 is a bit much for a change of age , you didn't change your booking after all , just changed a number from 6 to 7 , would take exactly 1 second to changeg

Agree with Ashtonian , sounds like the booking was subject of a rise due to supply and demand , unfortunately it happens regularly

Edited: 3:44 pm, October 06, 2017
Reply to: Put childs wrong age on booking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted