We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Porches and surrounding area

Which Porches hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Porches and surrounding area

We have a villa near to Porches from this Sunday for a week, we are a family of 10 from grandparents to kids from 7 to 10 years. We are looking for some info about the locality. Does anyone know where the nearest large supermarket is? Any thoughts on the best waterpark for the kids and Vinyard for the older kids. We are also looking for recommendations for restaurants in Porches, Armarcao de Pera and Alcantarilha areas. Any thoughts would be appreciated as I have reached organisation overload!

Many thanks

1. Re: Porches and surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:40 am, May 23, 2013
Edited: 2:40 am, May 23, 2013
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,912 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Porches and surrounding area

I will try again!

Nearest large supermarket to Porches village is the Intermarché a couple of miles away along the road towards Armação de Pera. Open seven days a week until 8 or 9pm. If you want an even larger hypermarket, you can drive either to Portimõ for Aqua Shopping (about 9 miles) or to Algarve Shopping near Guia on the N125 road about the same distance the other way.

(I am not sure about this but Porches parish is a very large area and a lot of the tourist accommodation is in the areas of Senhora da Rocha and Alporchinhos, which are only about a mile from Armação de Pera but nearly 3 miles from Porches village itself. If that's the case, the Intermarché is just up the road.)

I don't know about best waterpark but you have Aqualand about 5 minutes drive and Slide n Splash and Zoomarine within about a 10 minute drive. Check the information on this Trip Advisor page which has links to their websites

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g189111-c160338/Algar…

Cliff Richard's vineyard behind Algarve Shopping (near Guia) takes visits but you have to book. Website etc www.winesvidanova.com There are few large vineyards here any more. There is a co-operative winery in Lagoa that I think takes visits but you would need to check. Lagoa is 3 miles from Porches village.

I cannot help with restaurants as I don't venture over that way in the evenings.

I hope that helps anyway.

Stourbridge, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Porches and surrounding area

Thank you so much for the info. We really needed to know where the nearest supermarket is as we will have a lot of very hungry people with us!

4. Re: Porches and surrounding area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, April 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Porches
Recent Conversations