We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Apologies if this has been asked before. I have been reading the forums with interest as I plan our April holiday to Sicily, but I couldn't find this particular answer.

We are spending a few days in Taormina followed by a few days in the Santa Caterina Hotel in Acireale. It looks like the best way to get from Taormina to Acireale is via Interbus, but can anybody tell me where the bus drops off in Acireale? Any idea if we would then be able to walk from the bus station to the Santa Caterina Hotel?

I would be most grateful for any responses!

Thanks in advance.

Jem

Piazza del Duomo di Acireale
Architectural Buildings, Civic Centers, Historic Sites, Historic Walking Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Basilica di San Sebastiano
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Cattedrale di Acireale
Architectural Buildings, Churches & Cathedrals
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,934 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Welcome to Sicily Jem75!

You could also take the train between Taormina and Acireale.

Acireale’s bus and train stations are near each other – The stations are about a 15/20-minute walk from the Hotel Santa Caterina, and only a few minutes by taxi, 10,00 euro.

Vagabonda

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Thanks a million Vagabonda! We are happy to take the train but I thought the train station was a long way from our hotel, which is why we thought about the bus. If it's only a 15 minute walk away then that is fine. If we want to get a taxi are there plenty of taxis at Acireale station?

Thanks again so much for your response.

Jem

palermo
Destination Expert
for Palermo
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

The distance isn't long, just a couple of kms, but partly uphill, and with no sidewalks. With a luggage, take a taxi. You'll find a few cabs at the stations, not a lot, because Cab service isn't widely used in Sicily (few cabs, and pricey). In Acireale center, cabs are standing in piazza Duomo, very easy to spot.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,934 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Remember also that Taormina’s train station is located below the town and requires Interbus from the town to the station.

With luggage definitely take a taxi in Acireale – As biondo said, it’s not far, but it’s not the most convenient either. The hotel could also arrange the taxi for you on arrival.

You might send a PM to alfredMalta since he will visit Acireale for Carnevale.

tripadvisor.com/members-forums/alfredMalta

acireale carnival:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g652017-i12023-k39…

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda

UK
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Just want to thank you for your helpful advice. I have been searching on the internet like crazy for this information, and all I had to do was pop on here and ask! So, thank you very much, it is much appreciated.

Jem

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
107,934 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

Prego Jem75 – Glad to assist…

Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

Kind regards,

Vagabonda

7. Re: Interbus from Taormina to Acireale

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, May 05, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Acireale