We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
434 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
first time

Going to Lixouri in 11 weeks with my boyfriend it will be my first time my boyfriend havent been for about 10yrs.

We get there for World Cup final just wondering where we could watch the game.

Wondering how much money to take for 2 weeks. We staying at La Cite hotel on bed and breakfast. What are the prices on meals and drinks. What restaurants to go to. Any help will be useful.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,509 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: first time

Hi Julie, The Greeks are as keen on football as the English (and the Welsh!). Most café/bars will have the games on. Some will have large TVs others will have big screens. Hopefully someone who stays there will know the best ones.

We stay in Agia Efimia and the prices there might be a bit lower than a relatively large town like Lixouri. For our evening meal I usually have a beer and my wife a cola. We will also have a half litre of house wine. We will have a starter each and a main course from the specials board. This comes to about 30 -35€ before a tip. We often get given a free dessert. It would be dearer if we ordered steak or something similar. For lunch we would probably have a Greek salad (sometimes to share) or omelette or similar and a drink and expect to pay about 20€. A beer can cost between 2.50 and 4€ depending on where and a Nescafe frappe about 2.5€

We don't eat in Lixouri as I like a drink with my evening meal but here are some reviewed on TripAdvisor

tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g651972-Lixour…

Have a great holiday

Bob

Level Contributor
4,230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time

Hi hope you've got your countdown wrong, the finals in 10 weeks

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: first time

July 13 we fly out to lixouri don't say its only 10 weeks. Less than I thought. Thanks thisisthe1 made me happy.

Level Contributor
4,230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: first time

It's 10 weeks 2 days, u lucky people!!! You'll have no prob seeing the game. Bob's right there'll b TV's everywhere!!!!

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: first time

I was there a few years ago and they had big screens on the front. The Greeks love football . My fiancee and i are at le cita on the 17th of july cant wait.

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
434 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: first time

We be there on 13 july for 2 weeks.

milano
Level Contributor
190 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: first time

All the cafe at the square will have football games

8. Re: first time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 06, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lixouri