We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus?

Which Marciac hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Bus?

Is there any public transport in Marciac?

7 replies to this topic
Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus?

I see nothing on the website for the town that indicates any kind of bus service. If there is, you can be sure it will be heavily geared toward local commuters and school kids -- decent schedule early in the morning and late afternoon/early evening, with a smattering at lunchtime.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,912 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus?

I concur. The departmental bus website has no indication of any buses in Marciac. This is not unusual in these very rural areas of France.

The nearest places with a public bus service are around 9 miles away at Miélan (about six buses a day on weekdays on the Tarbes to Auch route, 3 on Saturdays and 2 on Sundays) or at Maubourget (similar distance) which has 3 - 5 buses a day on a route between Tarbes and Monte de Marsan.

Because these buses replaced closed down railway lines, you can find the timetables on the regional railways website at ter-sncf.com/Regions/…Default.aspx under 'Fiches Horaires'.

Edited: 6:33 pm, May 05, 2011
London
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus?

I have been advised that Véolia has a bus service from the Toulouse main train station to Marciac before and after the concert. However, the details have not been posted yet.

London
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus?

Actually, look here - www.jazzinmarciac.com/pratique-acces.html

5. Re: Bus?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 12:05 pm, July 25, 2011

ZTH
Bellevue, Washington
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus?

In toulouse for the work and want to go the Jazz in Marciac. Can you give me info for a departure point, Time, and cost from Toulouse and the same from Marcica back.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,371 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus?

read the information given in post #4 -- there's a link to the festival website.

Reply to: Bus?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Marciac