We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar or pag?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
45 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Zadar or pag?

Will be arriving late afternoon or evening on a monday in Mid-May by car to Zadar...wondering If I should stay in Zadar and explore a little or head straight to Pag or Novalja? I Will have the next day (probably 1/2 or full day to explore Pag) before leaving for split in late day-

thoughts?

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,510 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zadar or pag?

I would stay in Zadar.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zadar or pag?

Having been to both, I would definitely say stay in Zadar, although Pag is cool to visit for as a daytrip.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zadar or pag?

I am going to be spending one night in either Zadar or Pag on our way down to Dubrovnik with two nights in Hvar also. Chefathome, would you still recommend staying in Zadar over Pag if we will also be in Hvar and Dubrovnik? Thanks for any advise.

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,747 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zadar or pag?

Stay in Zadar.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
Level Contributor
44,510 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zadar or pag?

Zadar is a very very nice place and it would make more sense to experience this city if you are on your way to Dubrovnik via Hvar, instead of finding your way out to Pag.

Istria, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
Level Contributor
7,328 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zadar or pag?

Most certainly Zadar. I think if you stayed in Pag and then saw Zadar you may have regrets. Don't get me wrong - I'm not slamming Pag in any way whatsoever - Zadar is just the prettier more practical option. I think you will really like it - it is great for strolling and the water organ is very cool.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
132 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zadar or pag?

Thanks for the input everyone. I had a feeling that would be the general consensus. The only reason I was thinking of spending a night on Pag was the Hotel Boskinac which looks and sounds so wonderful. Any unique hotel or B and B recommendations in Zadar?

8. Re: Zadar or pag?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pag