We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa rental

Which Supetar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Villa rental

Hi,

I am planning on booking a villa for rental in Supetar, Brac in the 1 months time. The villa that I have found online requests for full payment up front. Is that standard for Croatian Villa rental?

Seems like a lot to pay up front in one go before arrival.

Thanks

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa rental

the normal for booking private accomodation is 20% to 30% deposit with 30% probably being the most common percentage requested.Maybe they are looking for full payment up front because you are so close to the date of your trip as by the time you get an international bank transfer into the owners account,it will only be a short time until you arrive

London
Level Contributor
2 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa rental

Yes - they normally ask for 30% upfront and then the balance 60 days before arrival. Our trip is within the 60 days.

Just seems strange. When you book a hotel you don't pay until the end of your stay.

County Donegal...
Level Contributor
2,113 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa rental

I know that your circumstances are different because you will be arriving there so soon after booking but i was under the impression that most private owners look for a deposit & then balance payment on arrival.It's the first time that i've heard of balance payment 60 days before arrival

maybe i'm being cynical but is there a slight possibility that owners are now looking for full payment before arrival incase of no shows owing to the uncertainty being created by the volcanic ash

Edited: 6:41 am, May 10, 2010
4. Re: Villa rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, November 07, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Supetar
Recent Conversations
More Supetar Topics