We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying ski pass

Rotterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Topic
Buying ski pass

Hello,

We are going for a ski trip at Fiss Austria this coming March. We are 2 adults and 2 children of 5 and 2 yrs old. We ll be staying at one of the local apartment there. It will be only me skiing btw. I have read the guideline on the local website regarding the ski pass but there are few questions that still need clarifications:

1- What can we do with the ski pass ? Since it will be only me skiing, do we still need to get another one for my spouse even though she will not be skiing ? Ive contacted the apartment's owner and they informed me to buy the ski pass on the railways.

2- The children's playground, does it requires ski pass to enter?

3- Which one is better, buying according to the number of days (we plan 3 days for skiing) or accroding to the after hours (11am/11.30am and so on)

4 - Since we will be moving aroudn the town (Serfaus/ Fiss/LAdis using the the ski lifts (or any other local means) is it necessary to have the ski pass ?

5- Im a ski beginner, do I need to join any ski group while skiing there for safety reason ?

Hope the experts can help me here...

Thank you so much !

3 replies to this topic
Luxembourg
Level Contributor
5,447 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying ski pass

1.2. 4 you need a pass if you use the chair lift or cable car wether you are a skier or not.

3. not understood.

5. no you can hire a private teacher or go on your own but remember you have a family to take care off ( oh well....... dutch ladies are tough and can manage on their own )

You will love Serfaus just take it easy.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,021 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying ski pass

1, 3 & 5

When it comes to skipasses all these questions have an affect on each other

1. Only people using the ski lifts for skiing require a ski pass.

For using a cable car as a foot passenger there are different lift tickets. Foot passengers are restricted to which lifts they can use. The use of chairlifts by foot passengers in resorts is often very restricted. In some cases not permitted at all.

3. That is a perosnal thing depending on hour you wish to use your days HOWEVER 1 & 3 depends totally on 5.

5. If you have never skied before you will require lessons.

Group lessons for beginners start normally on a sunday or Monday. There is generally no flexibility in start days for beginners groups. Group lessons are half days or full days.

When in ski school the ski school will then tell you which skipass you require. For complete beginners some ski resorts skischools have their own baby lifts in the valley. These are often free to use (if in skischool) hence you may not need a lift pass at all for the first day (or two).

If the lessons take place in the main ski area you will need a skipass and if you are on full days skischool you will need full lift passes.

You buy your lift pass at the main Gondalabahn station in Fiss

2. Which childrens playground ???

If you mean Bertas Schneealm don't know.

It appears to be geared up for small kids ski school so implies that it is not free for all

serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/…bertas-kinderland

serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/pdf/bertas_kinderland_…

There are other prices for other activities

serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/…further-prices

Just ask when you get there

4. What do you mean by "moving around"

There are the single tickets for the use of some of the gondolas by NON skiers

serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/en/winter/ski-pass-pri…

If you want to get between villages cheaply simply use the Postbus service

serfaus-fiss-ladis.at/pdf/postbus_fahrplan.p…

Suggest you identify the EXACT location of your apartment.

Rotterdam, The...
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying ski pass

Dear all,

Thank you for all your replies.

HikerLux:

Yes, i decided to buy the ski pass once i reach Fiss. Hubby said he can help to look after the kids whlie im off learning ski. Happy me ! Thanks !

Giftzwerg:

Well understood, thank you so much for your elaborate explanations.

Reply to: Buying ski pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fiss