We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Activities for a non-skier in March?

Which Gerlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Topic
Activities for a non-skier in March?

Me and my husband (the skier) will be spending 4 nights at the Hotel Edelweiss in early MArch 2012. Any suggestions for shopping/other activities for a non-skier during the day? Also, if I do decide to take ski lessons is this a good place for beginners? Thanks so much!

2 replies to this topic
Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna, Austria, Innsbruck
Level Contributor
20,536 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Activities for a non-skier in March?

Have you visited the website of Gerlos (gerlos.at/en/gerlos/winter/start_winter.html) where a lot of activities are supposedly available?

vienna
Destination Expert
for Lower Austria
Level Contributor
13,600 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Activities for a non-skier in March?

Gerlos is made for skiers and winter activities .

Really just one long street - with not many shops etc.

Some nice cafes - some with winter terraces and ability to sit in the sun.

Hotel will have indoor activities .

Outdoor - winter walks - winter horse back riding tobagganing.

Gerlos sits on a high plateau - to the west connected by bus is Zell am Ziller - not extra big but some shops - scenic ride to there over a twisting roadway.

Just east is the connected village Konigsleiten - not much other tan accomodations- further east - you find Mittersill finally Zell an See if you wish for a day trip

for connection info

www.oebb.at

Gerlos good for beginners - but check most ski schools only have beginner lessons starting Sunday or Monday - usually not possible to join later.

In good weather - you may wish to consider a nice midday meal at one of the many mountain huts.

Chance to spend mountain time together - access easily done by non skier using a ski lift - single ticket -

many have sun terrace too and many visit just for views and sun.

Reply to: Activities for a non-skier in March?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gerlos