We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach

River Drive Park...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Beach

we are considering booking a trip to the Luperon...we are concerned about some reviews of the beach. Is it safe to swim in January?

Is there good snorkelling?

Does it get red flagged often?

thank you

Bos Tours
4WD, ATV & Off-Road Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Motorcycle Tours
West Midlands...
Level Contributor
1,735 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach

From a personal experience, I would consider going to a different resort. You may be getting a good deal for this place but I would pay a bit more and look for somewhere better.

tburgontario
Level Contributor
138 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach

I agree with Xenophobe. We went last March. Would never go back....ever.

glace bay
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach

i spent first week april 2009 there the very best time i and wife ever had i live in cape breton and have summer home here if not would thing of moving to area if you go do not thing of wild party but chanca to slow down only bad was time share push just say no very safe and feelet that way the staff were more than great what a hiden gem going back in april chill

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
580 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach

My husband and I REALLY enjoyed the Luperon Beach resort. I also read some negative reviews but we spent 1 week there Mid March (Canadian March Break) and it was wonderful. We spent every day at the beach by the beach bar - in and out of the warm ocean many times each day. I have never seen a red flag there. The pools are clean and clear. we especially liked the pool with the waterfall. The food at the beach bar (lunch) was really good - grilled chicken and fish, pizza, burgers and hot dogs, salads, fruit and ice cream. The buffet breakfast was delicious - many selections as well as made to order omeletes or eggs. Dinner at the buffet was very good. They usually had fresh grilled chicken, pork chops or fish as well as a pasta bar (this was fantastic) as well as all your usual buffet fair. The service is GREAT - always jugs of ice water on the tables... the staff VERY friendly. Bartenders also very friendly. The a la carte food was hit and miss (I didn't love the Mexican but the Italian night lasagna was really good). The atmosphere at the a la carte was really nice however. The only suggestion I would make to you is that if you want to 'party' stay near the activity pool and disco (building 18) but if you want a slightly newer building and more peace and quiet, ask for building 22 or 23 (closer to the pool with the waterfall and the beach bar).

Don't worry about the negative reviews. go and have a good time.

Edited: 2:42 pm, April 12, 2010
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach

jmaci Thanks for your review.. Where else have you been in the DR?

6. Re: Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, October 10, 2010