We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

Newark-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
121 posts
27 reviews
33 helpful votes
Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

On August 04 I wrote a review (q.v.) of each establishment following a visit to both on July 29 with the intention of booking a dinner table for two people on July 30. Both pubs are owned by the same brewery in Lancaster but WHAT A CONTRAST between them.

I wrote to the Managing Director of the brewery to complain about the comment from The Eagles Head and the reply was that although the brewery owned the properties the pubs were run independently and thus were the responsibility of the individual managements. I also complained TWICE to TA but no action was taken.

Reviews about The Eagles Head go from one extreme to the other but I was too generous in rating this establishment as "poor" when it should have been "terrible".

Any comments or similar experiences?

Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,899 posts
23 reviews
31 helpful votes
1. Re: Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

You were eating in a village pub, yet you seem to want the service of a 5 star restaurant! I've read your review and the comment made by the Manager was spot on!! I wish more owners would put cracking comments on like that.

The Eagles Head is a smashing village pub, and is well known locally for it's good grub.

I don't know what your moaning about to be honest??

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
293 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

I too was shocked when I read your review it was very nit picking.This is a pub where we as a family eat often and never had a bad meal it is better than the usual pub grub.Big portions and home made we can highly recommend and can't understand where you are coming from with those comments.Hurray to the landlord for answering you so truthfully you fully deserved that reply on the review and to go further and try to report them is shameful!!!

Sheffield
Level Contributor
5,434 posts
151 reviews
56 helpful votes
3. Re: Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

What's wrong? Celia Johnson turn you down?

Carnforth, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
128 reviews
85 helpful votes
4. Re: Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

I think the Eagles Head is great

5. Re: Bay Horse Hotel, Arkholme and The Eagles Head, Carnforth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, July 04, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Carnforth