We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concerned about Pineda de Mar

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Concerned about Pineda de Mar

Recently booked a holiday staying in Alegria Pineda Splash in Pineda de Mar. A few reviews on here say theres not a lot to do in the area making me really concerned.

Can anybody who has been here possibly reassure me? Jet 2 have said I can transfer to a different hotel if unsure, but want some opinions first. I am thinking if not here, I'll go to Lloret de Mar or Malgrat de Mar. We just want a relaxing holiday, with nice beaches, maybe a waterpark, restaurants, a bit of shopping. Nothing too clubby, we're not big drinkers.

16 replies to this topic
Malgrat de Mar...
Destination Expert
for Lloret de Mar, Calella
Level Contributor
2,433 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

pineda is quieter than other nearby resorts, but infinitely more Spanish. you are in easy reach of all the other resorts by train, as well as Barcelona.

there are free buses to places like waterworld, marineland etc

lloret may be too busy/noisy for you but malgrat or santa susanna will be a bit busier than pineda.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
2. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

Thanks for coming back to me. Is there many bars/restaurants in Pineda? I looked at my hotel on street view and the area didn’t look too great

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
188 reviews
3. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

We stayed in pineda and found it nice without being too quiet. We wandered into town on one Sat eve and there was a nice atmosphere. Neighbouring Calella was livelier and is about a half hour walk away.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
5 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

There are loads of restaurants in Pineda, some great ones too! Callela the next town along is huge aswell with loads to do! Lloret de Mar is a big party town in costa, and there is a water park not to far away! Barcelona is an hour on a train. Only downside is the beach isn’t suitable for swimming unless you like deep water. Hope this helps

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

We're just back from a week in Pineda da Mar and really enjoyed it. It was quite quiet in May but enough cafes and restaurants to pick from and prices were reasonable. Excellent train service to go to other beach resorts or Barcelona or Girona. Sand quite gritty so not great for walking on but fine for sunbathing. Lovely beach bars dotted along the beach.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

Thank you for coming back to me. Which hotel did you stay at? Did you go to any neighbor towns

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

We stayed at Aqua Hotel Promenade which was great. Went to Barcelona, Girona and Blanes for day trips on the train which are all definitely worth a visit.

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

I came back last weekend and there are plenty of places to eat and drink and many hotels offer their buffet restaurants to non guests for around 16 euros but well worth it.

If you want to explore both Callela and Santa Sussanah are a short train ride away ( less than 5 minutes) and every half hour, you can get to Blanes by train then a connecting bus to Loret or Tossa De Mar and even a boat excursion from Pineda beach.

If you want to go a bit further there is a train every 2 hrs to Girona ( about 15 euros) and the one we caught was at 0904 and came back about half four but a great day out.

There are some great little shops in Pineda and again in Callela and a big Carfour in Santa Sussanah and then on a Friday a weekly market right on the main road which was great.

Barcelona is only an hour away with a return on the train of 10 euros and trains run every half hour up to about 10pm at night.

I have stayed in Pineda 5 times now and love that it is very traditional without being over commercial but plenty around to see and do.

Woking, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
51 reviews
9. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

It is quite quiet but the square in pineda is quite nice. Poblenou is 5 minutes walk away from the beachfront. Calella is very busy with loads of shops and is right nextdoor to Poblenou.

antrim
Level Contributor
10 posts
47 reviews
10. Re: Concerned about Pineda de Mar

Hi. Would you recommend santa susannah or calella for a few hours in the evening with a family? Also, are there any particular evenings when there are things going on?

Edited: 3:44 am, July 08, 2018
Reply to: Concerned about Pineda de Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pineda de Mar
Recent Conversations