We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Transfers

1 post
Train Transfers

Hi all,

Apologies, I see that this question has been asked before but I'm getting confused. We're arriving at Barcelona airport around 11am on Sunday, and from what I understand we can get on the train at the airport, transfer at Barcelona Sants(?) to the R1 line and from there on to Pineda de Mar. My question is, what kind of ticket do I need? My hotel website is telling me that a single ticket should be around 5 euros...is that right? That seems ridiculously cheap. I keep seeing people mention these T-10 tickets but from what I can tell they're more expensive, are they for multiple journeys? It definitely seems like I'll only be on the R1 and R2 lines, is it a 5 zone ticket I need then?

We do plan on going in to Barcelona for at least one day, possibly two, so am I cheaper getting a multi-ticket trip? Would the ATM tickets end up better for travel within Barcelona?

4 replies to this topic
Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Train Transfers

Sorry bit late on this and you are probably back! A single from the airport is 5 euros which yeah very cheap and actually easier to change at El Clot as it is a smaller station. You can get the R1 or RG1 but make sure it goes beyond Matero. A return to Barcelona is around 10 euros but the T tickets are for trips around Barcelona itself and not the network.

Sheffield, United...
9 posts
2. Re: Train Transfers

Hi all. We fly into Reus airport on 14th August and are staying 100m from the train station in Pineda de Mar. Is there any trains which we could for our transfer or is taxi better?

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Train Transfers

The trains to Pineda go from Barcelona so it might be easier to get the bus transfer from the airport that goes to Barcelona Sants railway station then onto Pineda. A taxi would be rather expensive from the airport and this would be a cheaper option.

Shrewsbury
Destination Expert
for Barcelona
Level Contributor
14,165 posts
24 reviews
4. Re: Train Transfers

Reus airport to Pineda de Mar is over 160 kms/100 miles so a taxi will be very expensive. Renting a car will be much cheaper.

Do you definitely mean Pineda de Mar and not La Pineda? Reus is not really a suitable airport for Pineda de Mar but is close to La Pineda.

Reply to: Train Transfers
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pineda de Mar
Recent Conversations