We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

Killarney, Ireland
1 post
Save Topic
Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

Hi

I am holidaying in L'Estartit in July 2012 for 10 days with my family.

I would love to go for a day trip to Barcelona to see sights and shopping. Although we have a car rented I would love to keep stress to a minium be using public transport. Is this an option? If not any tips for directions and parking?

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
822 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

bus to Girona and then bus or train to Barcelona

Les Franqueses del...
Level Contributor
3 posts
222 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

Hi, you can take inter city bus Sarfa, go to

sarfa.com/paginas/interurbano_buscador.php

Good trip

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,774 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

You could drive to Flaçá station and get the train from there. It's nearer l'Estartit than driving to Girona.

Alcester, United...
Level Contributor
493 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

I would agree with Lynda - drive to Flaca - there is plenty of parking on a dry river bed - then take the train into Barcelona - I have done it many times and it's pretty straight forward and reasonably priced. Have fun!

Crewe, United...
Level Contributor
991 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

We did this on an organised trip back in Oct 2005 and the coach took a long 4 hours to get to Barcelona which made it a long dayand not enjoyable

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
37 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

I agree with going to flaca to catch the train. I've done it a few times very easy. Even with 3 over excited children !!!! Flaca is a nice quiet train station so no chance of going wrong and has free parking.

estartit
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

Last summer there was a daily bus that went to Barcelona directly from estartit. There are also tours to Barcelona which can be booked when you arrive.

Palamos, Spain
Level Contributor
8 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

I live in Palamos down the coast a bit. We have an excellent service with Sarfa bus company to Barcelona and most of the buses start from Toroella de Montgri. Toroella is the service town for the resort of Estartit and is about a couple of miles. Please believe me and forget the other advice about taking the train to Girona.

Billym says there was a direct bus last year but I don't know about this. Things do change from year to year but you will easily find Sarfa in the internet and you can click on English and they will give you bus times and you can book tickets online. The bus station in Barcelona is Esacio de Nord next to Arc de Triomf metro station.

If you do manage to organise a trip please follow this security advice.

Do not take your passport and plane ticket with you in your habdbag. Leave them in the hotel, campsite or apartment. Nobody wants to steal them but they will steal your bag to get your money. Then they throw your bag away and it is a real pain in the butt if you have to go to the consulate. The best is to keep everything of value in your front trouser pocket. Barcelona is infamous for bag-snatching. It's not usually violent. They just distract you and take your bag. So don't keep valuables in your bag.

Newcastle England
Level Contributor
312 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

How long does it take to Barcelona on the Train from Flaca please?

Fermanagh
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip from L'Estartit to Barcelona

Good idea we drove from Barcelona to L'Estartit motorways very good tolls expensive and lots of them. Watch were you park we got a 140 euro fine.

Get answers to your questions about L'Estartit