We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Is there anywhere in Poggibonsi where one can store luggage for a few hours to visit San Gimignano?

Thanks

Lizet

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,545 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Not that I know of.

UK
Level Contributor
2,879 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Here's a previous thread with some suggestions:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187902-i332-k44…

Miami
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

I'm traveling in June with my young grandson (12) from Florence to San Gimignano for 2 days. Is there a luggage depot in Poggibonsi where I can leave most of my luggage and pick it up when ready to go to Venice? Or maybe are there cars from Poggibonsi that will take us to our hotel in San Gimignano?

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Hi AinaMiami, i had a similar query and am traveling to San Gimignano in May. Were you able to find a left baggage facility in Poggibonsi or in San Gimignano? We will be at SG just for a few hours..

Miami
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

We went in June 2013. The station is very small we waited for someone to come to work so we could buy our return ticket which was for a sunday. It took the hotel 4 calls to be able to find a taxi from San Gimigniano to Poggibonsi as everyone was resting that day. There are no buses to or from on Sundays and there is no place to leave your luggage at the station. Aside from that we had a wonderful time in SG and are planning to go back this summer, this time by car... Hope this info helps you. Have a great time in Italy. Ciao!

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

Thanks so much for your replies.. i will be travelling on a Monday so hopefully the issue of the bus is taken care off. Regarding the luggage bit, i will have to figure out something else as both towns dont seem to have a left luggage facility. Thanks again!

7. Re: Luggage storage in Poggibonsi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, March 30, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Poggibonsi