We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zones

Which Bagni di Lucca hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Zones

What are the zones for bus travel around bagni as we will be doing a lot of day trips and can't seem to find this information and also information on weekly bus passes plea in English off possible thanks

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zones

This is a link from the vaibus website I gave you on your other thread, the dark green line represents the routes from Bagni di Lucca, bus Nos are: Q10,Q43,Q44,Q45, Q46, Q47,Q48 and Q49. As I said before it's only in Italian:

www.vaibus.com/pdf/rete/rete_extraurbana.pdf

mesh

plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zones

Thank you but how do I know what the zones are ? As I don't wZnt o buy the wrong tickets

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zones

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean about zones, you buy one ticket each way (no return tickets) from, say a tobacconist shop (tabacchi), to where you want to visit, ticket prices are based on the distance to be travelled.

mesh

plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zones

Ah thank you it must be different in this area as when we visited Rome and last year when we stayed in Marta bus travel was based on how many zones you were travelling in and you could buy a day ticket for the bus for the number of zones you were travelling .maybe it is different for this area but I understood in Italy that the bus and train tickets were combined as long as you stayed within the zones for yourticket

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zones

Hope someone else can help you with your question on zones, as I said in your other thread we have our own car with us and have limited knowledge of public transport around Lucca, we only use the bus to go to Pisa airport for our daughter's arrival/departure when she flies over to spend some time with us on our holiday.

On this link page 15 gives the distance and price of bus tickets:

www.vaibus.com/pdf/Carta_dei_servizi.pdf

mesh

Boston...
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Zones

It is confusing as they have a kilometer price chart as well as mention of zones. Note here vaibus.com/pdf/PRONTUARIO_TARIFFE_VAIBUS.pdf that there are monthly (mensile) and weekly (7gg) passes available (abbonamenti).

Edited: 1:00 pm, January 23, 2014
Boston...
Level Contributor
734 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Zones

My reading is that the zones mentioned are specific and shouldn't affect a visitor to Bagni di Lucca. Viareggio is divided into 3 zones, and there are a few other zones for annual passes such as Versilia and the Valley of the Serchio.

plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zones

Thank you all very much

plymouth
Level Contributor
201 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zones

I know this may be a silly question but how do I know how many kilometres it will be to get from a to b ?is there a list ?

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,717 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zones

If you look at the routes in the timetable on the vaibus website, at the bottom after all the stops, it says Km corsa and the number represents the distance. For example Bus no Q10 from Lucca to Bagni di Lucca leaving at 06.10 is 31.4kms, the one leaving at 08.40 is 27kms as it doesn't stop at as many places.

mesh

Get answers to your questions about Bagni di Lucca
Recent Conversations