We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

Which Salo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
sweden
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

its our first time to lake garda and wondered how much it would cost to go from bergamo airport to salo(our campsite is the europa silvella) by bus or train or both. How long would it take? We are 2 adults and 3 children aged 16,17 and 18. Thanks for your help in advance.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

If bus timings match your flight, following is the best combination, in terms of fewest changes (trains do not go as far as Salo'):

- bus from Bergamo airport (Orio al Serio) to Brescia www.autostradale.it/interna.aspx…

- bus from Brescia to Salo' trasportibrescia.it/upload/…S202.pdf

Mansfield U.K.
Level Contributor
1,480 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

No doubt you have looked at the 'directions' on the Silvella website. I can't see how you can posibly make it totally by public transport. I would say your best bet is the train to Desenzano and a taxi.

I understand that there is a shuttle bus to Brescia from the airport which may help.

Bob.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
11,868 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

Well, the information I gave was based on OP's statement that he needs to go to Salo', while it turns out they have to go somewhere else. Would anybody expect us to double-check posters' statements for correctness?

Anyway, it appears that it is indeed possible to get very, very close to the campsite by bus, but through another service: trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN009.pdf

Otherwise, it is of course possible to bus it to Salo' and get a cab from there.

Dublin
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

Just to add my experience from last week.

Got the bus from Bergamo to Brescia for €10 each. There were lots of buses scheduled from there to Salo but nothing turned up in the 2 hours we waited, probably because it was Sunday. We got a train to Desanzo instead, then a bus to Sirmione and managed to get the last ferry to Salo.

It was worth the hassle, beautiful place.

Getting back was much more straightforward - bus from Salo to Brescia and then another bus from there to the airport.

5. Re: bergamo airport to salo lake garda by tain or bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 16, 2010