We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Which Pythagorion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Can anyone tell me if they have hair dryers here please. It would be just one thing less to pack.

First time visit to Samos and from the reviews I have read really looking forward to our holiday

Stroud, England
Level Contributor
61 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Stayed at Villa Anna two years ago, and although things might have changed, there were no hair dryers in evidence then......however, that doesn't mean they havent got one you could borrow. I say that because they are very accommodating generally. Managed to provide me with a set of crutches when I was there.............amongst other things!

Am heading back to Samos for another visit next Thursday - although not staying at Villa Anna, that is because we have stayed in Pythagorion our last two visits.

Looking forward to seeing the island in the spring rather than high summer.

London
Level Contributor
444 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Stayed at Villa Anna 2011 and had a lovely holiday - don't think there were hairdryers but my hair is short so don't need one! As in previous response, we found the owners very approachable and helpful. You are lucky to be going so soon - we have to wait another 6 weeks - returning to the island but, this year, to Ireon for a change of scene - hoping the buses will be running to full timetable in June so that we can get out and about some days.

Enjoy Villa Anna - we did & we will definitely call in to see the family and Bilias, the lovely, friendly dog, when we are there.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Thanks for your reply. Will make a decision on the hair dryer once I start packing the suitcases.

Bucks, England
Level Contributor
151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Well Gillian? I guess you've had your holiday now and enjoyed it I hope. did you need to take your hairdryer? we go in 4 weeks and starting to think about what I need to take! any tips would be welcome. thanks.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Yes you do need to take a hairdryer. However if you have hair like mine even using straighteners couldn't stop it from becoming curly! Just checked the temp. out there and it is 95 so no let up on the heat. It was extremely hot whilst we were there even with the breeze which can be quite strong. I lost my baseball cap the first day there. The studios are very well equipped with kettle, toaster, coffee maker, cutlery, glasses, plates and dishes. there is even a washing up bowl and drainer. Do take plenty of insect repellent because you will get bitten, more so near the studios than in Pythagorio. This could be because the studios are near to the reservoir ( I think that's what it is) and a lake. The studios are kept very clean, with towel changes every other day and bedding every 3rd day (from memory). The supermarket is about a five minute walk away but not as well stocked as the 3 down the main street of Pythagorio. The buses are very regular and will now be running to the summer timetable. Along the road down to Pythagorio you will see lots of ruins of either side so plenty to keep you busy if you like that sort of thing. Hope this info helps it is making me want to get back there!

Have a good holiday

Bucks, England
Level Contributor
151 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

Many thanks. I,ll take the dryer then , my hair has a life of its own too !! the kitchen equipment sounds fine, I don't intend to do much cooking with all those lovely tavernas around !! Thanks for the mossie warning.... they do seem to like me.

It;s our first visit to Samos and really looking forward to it We will have a car for a week so plan to see lots of the island.

Happy holidays to everyone still waiting to get away !!!

7. Re: Anna Villa Studios, Pythagorian

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, July 09, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion