We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All booked!!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
All booked!!

well I have just booked a week at the Anthis studios, we travel to a different Greek Island each year so it will be our first time to Samos, really looking forward to it already.

we wont be hiring a car but will hire bicycles if we can, what are the 'must sees' for our week? we like to do one day of culture and one day of fun ( boat trip or something) ( our cycle rides will be of the leisurely nature so please no suggestions of going up a mountain!!)

Thanks

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All booked!!

From the Anthis you can walk up to the Tunnel & on to the monastery above Pythagorion (Spiliani ) from where you can get a panoramic view of the area. An unmissable boat trip is from the Pythagorion harbour with Captain Yiannis on the boat Agia Ireni to Samiopoula with a good barbeque picnic. I have been on this trip many times & always enjoyed it as you are entertained all day. If you want a second opinion look at a previous poster`s Samos report (Gitek ? ). Cycling around Pythagorion ( to Ireon, Hora & Milli) is mostly flat but if you venture to the north of the island it is more hilly as is the road up to the tunnel & monastery. 12barbluesman

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All booked!!

Thats great Thank you, we are really looking forward to it already but we dont go till September!!!

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All booked!!

Julia - you have SUCH a treat waiting for you !!!! I am coming to Pythagorion myself in the last 2 weeks of June. I just settled the balance with the travel agency, so now it's ALL paid for !!! YAY! !!

If you like to see some photos and read some travel diaries from Samos 2010, you are welcome to my site:

www.myparisadventures.dk/20942/Samos%202010

Cycling ? That would have killed me in July 2010 with temps. from 30 C (~ 86 F) and up every day.

4. Re: All booked!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 18, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations