We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Hi there. From what I have read on this forum, I think this is the town we would like to stay in next September, close to the airport and close to the harbour for tours to Ephesus and Patmos ( Is that right ? )....or do the tours run more often from Vathy? However, I was wondering if you could tell me what nice 3 - 4 star Hotel/ B&B you can recommend that is central so that we can walk to the beach and walk for dinner and coffees etc. Don't really want to stay in the resort type places as they are all away from the harbour as we won't have a car.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,040 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

It has been some time since we visited Pythagorion and I do not even remember the hotel name. I can tell you that we decided to stay in town just by the waterfront because we wanted to have the views of the harbour and enjoy strolling the waterfront and dining in that lovely setting. During the day it was an easy walk up to the beaches where the resorts are. Aa I recall the walk was probably a kilometer or so. We would spend a couple of hours at the beach and then make the easy walk downhill back to town. So we were able to make the most of town and have the beach experience easily.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

It's so annoying when you can't remember names of places.

I am on a roll though and found a couple on here. You do have to check the location map though.....

www.hotels4u.com/area/pythagorion-hotels.aspx

Edited: 10:38 am, June 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Thanks so much for your assistance.

I have indeed read every review on every Hotel and B&B.

Will now flip a coin with my top choices.

It's either up a hill directly up from the centre of the harbour....or up the hill to the right hand side of the harbour nearer the port.

Are these hills Everest....no ! So it'll be ok......I think........ :)

Texas
Level Contributor
1,134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Be aware that there is a Samaina Hotel in Pythagorion and a Samaina Hotel is Samos. It seems that they are each independent operations.

The one is Pythagorian is 20 rooms and walkable from the harbor but it is up the hill a little. The link that was given in this thread is for the Pythagorian Hotel. The B&B shown by Tripadvisor in its listing (at the time of this post) that says Pythagorian is really the one in Samos town.

The Pythgorian Hotel is run by a very helpful proprietor Petros Gleoudis who called us just before our green bus got underway and told the bus driver to let us off by the "Private English School" then he met us and helped us with our luggage. The rooms are the typical European size but fully adequate with a small nice balcony with a view.

The price is very affordable. There are hotels closer to the harbor but I assume they are much more costly.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
333 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

Thanks LLongTallTexan!

I did discover the mix up with the 2 different Samaina Hotels and reported it to both Tripadvisor and Booking.com, but they have done nothing about it , to date.

I emailed Dias Studios ( up the hill ) as their rooms are much bigger and newer...( am hoping their bathrooms are roomy too ! ) so will take a chance and see how we fair.

16. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:47 am, June 23, 2012
17. Re: What is a nice Hotel in the centre of Pythagorion?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:45 pm, June 25, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations