We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Which Pythagorion hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Hello,

We plan to take the Nissos Kalymnos from Patmos to Samos on Monday Sept. 26th (09:40 - 12:50) and then catch and Olympic Air flight at 17:25 back to Athens.

Can I count on the Nissos Kalymnos to run on time, or is this too risky a connection. Should we plan to come back to Samos a day earlier on the Sunday boat (10:40 - 13:50) instead?

Also, anyone used the Flying Dophins yet to/from Patmos yet this season, and if so are they running pretty true to schedule? I was thinking about booking a FD to Patmos from Samos as they are scheduled to run daily in the mornings. Do you know If the weather doesn't allow me to get out on a FD, can we just cash in our ticket and us it for the next Nissos Kalymnos boat trip instead?

Thank-you in advance,

/Rose

SAMOS
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Hi Rose (again !) sent you a message today re FD. Nissos Kalymnos is usually on time but it is a risk! Went to travel office today to check FD was running and it is at the moment . Yes you can get a refund on your ticket -we have done it in the past .

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,830 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Hi

No ferry tickets are transferable to other ferries/companies. If the ferry does not go you get a refund from where you bought the ticket, and buy another ticket for the other ferry.

My experience of the 'Nissos Kalimnos' is that it is always late by an hour or two, and on rare occasions does not turn up at all. Better to go the day before.

However you do have a direct ferry to Piraeus on 25 Sept at 23:55, a Bluestar ferry, I would take that instead.

SAMOS
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

We have been on it many times and occasionally see it arriving at Pythagorio and in our experience its usually on time but i still would not chance it. Got stuck on Astypalia for 4 extra days waiting for a ferry once !!

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
426 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Good advice as always Hippy! I am making a similar trip in September so vie added the link to my planner. Thanks again

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Thank-you all for your expert advice. It's only 4 weeks until our trip so the final planning stages are in full gear and this up-to-date information is very much appreciated! Thanks again,

/Rose from Portland Oregon

SAMOS
Level Contributor
119 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

The Nissos Kalymnos arrived on the dot on Monday (Lipsi to Samos) We went to Lipsi on the Flying Dolphin and that was on time too.

Good luck with your trip

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
188 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

Thanks! Starting our trip today; leaving for the airport in a few hours!

8. Re: Does the Nissos Kalymos run on time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations