We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marathokampou Samos Greece

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
24 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Marathokampou Samos Greece

Where is it best to stay Kampos Marathokampou or Ormos Marathokampou? Best beaches, restaurants, close to sights and hikes etc. Any hotels to recommend?

london
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Marathokampou Samos Greece

can i ask how people are getting themselves to Ormos these days? if taxi, how much is it? I'd really like to go back but travelling solo, taxi can be a bit expensive I heard it was around 50 euro? Is it possible to hitch a ride on a transfer coach? Guess it might work out better to hire a car at the airport and keep it for a week...

Cork
Level Contributor
3 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Marathokampou Samos Greece

A taxi from the airport is €60 which is a bit steep. Car rental is usually about €20 per day so if you do wish to go back there then it is much more advisable to rent a car. If you are staying near Vathy there are two buses a day to Ormos, one at about 8am and the other at 12. There is only one bus a day to vathy at 8.30ish am. There are no buses from Pythagorian!! Its the one major drawback of the island is that getting around is difficult esp if you dont drive!!!

13. Re: Marathokampou Samos Greece

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 05, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Pythagorion
Recent Conversations