We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Peratata Village

London, England
Level Contributor
193 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Peratata Village

Hi

Would anyone know approximately how long it would take to get from Lassi to Peratata? Also how much would it cost in a taxi?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Peratata Village

Hi Meekatville,

Its only about 8km so I would expect 10-15 mins and as it is a bit less than the distance from Lassi to the Airport (although in a different direction!) I reckon less than 20€.

Sorry no more accurate than that.

There is a bus that goes from Argostoli to Poros at 07:00, 11:30 and 14:30. It would probably go through Peratata and I assume there would be a bus stop there. You could check in the bus station in Argostoli.

Hope this helps a bit

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Poros
Poros
Saronic Gulf Islands, Greece
London, England
Level Contributor
193 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Peratata Village

Thanks Bob - that's very helpful! We are staying in Lassi again but would like to visit a typical little Greek village where there aren't many tourists around but with just a few traditional cafes where you see the old Greek guys drinking coffee, Ouzo etc. I lived in Crete many many years ago so can still just about hold a basic conversation in Greek! Is there any other villages not too far from Lassi? We went to Svoranata one evening last time we were there but were quite dissapointed as it was quite spread out and no central square as such.

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Crete
Crete
Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Peratata Village

Hi again'

I go along with you concerning Svoronata!

If you have a car then there are several villages on road towards Skala. Last time we stopped on that road then Vlachata was still "Greek" providing you don't go down to Lourdas.

Lord Byron stayed in Metaxata in the 19th C not sure what it is like now!

Pesada has a fair few villas but not really a "hotel" type place and had a few "almost empty" café/bars so perhaps.....

Best I can for that area.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Skala
Skala
Cephalonia, Greece
UK
Level Contributor
959 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Peratata Village

Metaxata is beautiful and there is a cafe in the village with a fantastic vista of the coastline and sea. This cafe / bar is busy all the time, so I can imagine great for people watching...

Wales, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Peratata Village

Vlachata has a village centre with a couple of shops (a bakers where the cheese pies are superb!).

The centre of the village is on the main road, most of the houses are above.

Below the road is much more for the tourists, until you get down to Lourdata, which is still very much a working village. But in recent years it has lost its traditional centre, because the shop is very little used by the locals and the bar which was adjacent is no longer open.

garedd-m

London, England
Level Contributor
193 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Peratata Village

Thanks again for all your replies!

Unfortunately we do not drive so will be reliant on taxis and/or the bus to get around although we don't intend doing very much this time around as we have been to Lassi quite a few times and have seen most of the Island with the organised tours. Looking forward to just chilling out on the beach by day and having a few drinks and nice dinners in the evenings! One other question though - does anyone know if anything will be going on in the square in Argostoli on 29 June - it is my husbands name day (Peter)! We were there one year and they had local dancing going on etc. and we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,386 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Peratata Village

Hi again,

Nothing in Argostoli as far as I can find

There may be a St Peter or St Paul church in Argostoli where there is a celebration but I can find no mention of it.

However! At Pesada there is some sort of celebration.

http://www.kefalonia-island.gr/feste.php

The ferry to Zante goes from Pesada so there ought to be a bus from Argostoli to Pesada.

According to The Lonely Planet Guide "To get to the ferry point in Pesada from Argostoli, you can catch one of two daily buses (in high season only and except Sundays)."

I cannot however find the timetable anywhere.

Bob

Mentioned in this post
Zante
Zante
60 Reviews
Zakynthos, Greece
London, England
Level Contributor
193 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Peratata Village

Thanks Bob - I think we'll play it by ear and see how it is when we get there!

UK
Level Contributor
608 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Peratata Village

Thanks for that link bob.. Looks likes parades in argostoli when we are on the island at end of October

10. Re: Peratata Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 31, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations