We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lassi car hire

Barrow-in-Furness...
5 posts
Save Topic
lassi car hire

My wife and I are booked into San Lorenzo apartments for end of May and wonder about the prices for car hire or more importlantly the sometimes excessive insurance costs. I have clean licence and loads of experience but am 79 year old. May this be a problem? Ron a. Enid Barrow-in-Furness

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,421 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: lassi car hire

Hi Ron a Enid, and welcome,

Have a look at these companies that are recommended by regular visitors.

www.pefanis-carhire.com/en/bookings/index

greekstones-rentacar.com/english/company.htm

http://venusrental.gr/newen/#!/home

http://www.cbr-rentacar.com/index.html

cefaloniarentacar.com/index-english.html

They will all deliver to the airport and also most have offices in Lassi.

If you get a satisfactory answer, to the age problem (if it is a problem!), by renting from the airport you will save a taxi fare of about 15 -20 euros each way.

The first two companies I know have a no excess insurance providing you do not drive off road.

Most require no deposit and prefer cash to avoid the % charged by the credit card companies.

Hope you get success and remember to let us know how you get on.

Best of luck

Bob

Barrow-in-Furness...
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: lassi car hire

travelbob31, What a quick and so helpful answer to my request for car hire information. You give me several companies and addresses. Feel sure these will help and await other helpful replies. Cheers and thanks so much. RonandEnid.

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,282 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: lassi car hire

My daughter er hubbie and boys are going to San Lorenzo Last week May and first week June

They are booking a car with Venus as we have booked with Kostas as well for Lourdas.

Just confirmed with him and Insurance cover is good.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: lassi car hire

We are booked into the San Lorenzo village for the last week in July first week in August and we have a car booked for a week through Pefanis paying 190Euros all inclusive with zero excesses, plus they are delivering and collecting from the hotel

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
513 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: lassi car hire

Last year when we booked with Pefanis, they told us that age was not an issue. Michael Pefanis' father is well in to is 80s.

Barrow-in-Furness...
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: lassi car hire

Hello nannasue, Barto 1971, and Birds 29, great to have your imput, good help and good to hear from past and present visitors and car-hiring people who realise the importance of replying to the concerns of others. Thanks again RonandEnid.

Crewe, Cheshire
Level Contributor
103 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: lassi car hire

Going to Kafelonia for the first time end of June, staying Thalssa Hotel Lassi. We are thinking of hiring a car but not sure the best way to do it. We haven't booked any airport transfers so would it be good value to hire a car from the airport for the two weeks that we are on holiday for?

Been quoted on-line between €252/€280 from www.pefanis-carhire.com/en/bookings/index is this a good price?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: lassi car hire

That seems a decent price to me, what class of vehicle? They are charging me E190 for 7 days for a Diahatsu Cuore (we only need a small car!) that's inclusive of a second driver and a child booster seat. They are dropping it at the hotel,San Lorenzo Village, as we have transfers included.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: lassi car hire

We just booked 2 cars, smallest they got for 275 euros each car. From june 24th for 2 weeks from CBR Rentals, pick up and drop off at Airport.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
10,421 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: lassi car hire

Hi DRFEELGOOD,

Seems a good price to me also. I would pick it up and return it to the airport. You would save about 15 - 20 euros taxi fare each way. Driving to Lassi is a piece of cake. Leave the airport, continue up to top of road, turn left, continue to Lassi!

Have a great time.

Bob

Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations