We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Lassi good for my family?

Which Lassi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Is Lassi good for my family?

My kids will be 4 and 6 next year. We'd like a resort with restaurants to choose from, a sand beach and somewhere for the kids to play in the evening. Is Lassi the place for this? If not, where would you recommend? We went to Pefkos, Rhodes this year. Thanks x

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Hi there

Broadly speaking, Pefkos and Lassi are similar; the biggest similarity is that both have a sizeable proportion of their accommodation up on the hillsides that overlook the resorts, so if you and the kids can't cope with the hill, ensure you book accommodation closer to sea level. Lassi's hill is as steep as "Heart Attack Hill" in Pefkos but more winding. Local taxis will whisk you up there for a few Euros, just as they do in Pefkos.

Lassi is pretty much a longish strip with the main road from the airport to Argostoli running through it. There are plenty of bars, shops and restaurants, but nothing OTT. The beaches are arguably the best on the island, clean and sandy and the lack of any serious nightlife means that you won't encounter hordes of drunken lager swillers.

Lassi's other advantage if you're going with kids is that it's only a short hop from the airport, plus, if you want to see the island by rental car, it's ideally located.

If you send a PM to "bigcol" the Lassi DE, he will send you a link to his excellent website which shows Lassi and where everything is.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Hi!

Thanks, GB.

Here's the link:

http://lassiinformation.webs.com/

Colin

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Wow, didn't expect a response so quickly! By the heart attack hill in Pefkos do you mean the one leading up to the bakery? My husband likes the sophisticated things in life whereas I just want my kids to be happy as if they are happy then I am. In Pefkos we did take them to Jasmine and another bar that had play equipment, would we find that in Lassi and are there enough restaurants for 2 weeks?

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Hi!

I'll allow other members who have visited Lassi with children to post about restaurants with play facilities, but I will say that one of the advantages of Lassi is its proximity to Argostoli. This gives you a great choice of restaurants, so with Lassi and Argostoli combined, you will have more than enough choice for a two-week visit.

Colin

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Hi again

Yes, H-a-Hill is the one that goes up past the bakery in Pefkos.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Hello Helen,

Lassi is good for kids.

All of the staff in the restaurants and bars make quite a fuss of kids. As previously mentioned you have the best of two resorts with Argostoli being just down the road. There are a couple of playgrounds in Argostoli and if you are lucky enough to dine around the square when the street entertainers are on, this will also help keep the little ones entertained. In argostoli, there is a small area down on the side streets with some kiddie rides and things to do (a mini fairground)

As far as Lassi goes, there are a couple of small play areas, one being in the bar at Il Gabbiano, onother selection of toys in Da Veronicas restaurant and Aqua Marina. I'm led to believe there is a small playground at Mariannas apartments and of course if you take your own colouring and perhaps a portable DVD player, this should also help keeping them entertained.

The Beach and the Pool will keep them happy during the day.....

Hope this helps.

Happy Holidays !

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
1,998 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

have you considered Lourdas or Katelios? or dare I say Skala ?

Edited: 4:21 pm, October 11, 2012
Hope Valley, United...
Level Contributor
780 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Ha mattjak - of course you may say Scala........ and open up that age old debate!! I, of course, would recommend Scala and have been taking my kids (now 10 and 13!) since they were 10months old! and yes they still love returning - even with Mum and stepdad!! That proves how good Scala is......

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
894 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

Scala beach has too many pebbles, lassi beaches are just sand, great for kids to play in

10. Re: Is Lassi good for my family?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, January 27, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations