We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

south yorkshire
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

hello

Im thinking of visiting Lassi end of september with my husband and little boy who will be 17 months when we travel.

Will the weather be ok for little boy or still maybe too hot ?

We are looking for a pretty quiet self catering holiday but also plenty of places to walk to with a buggy. Also a good supermarket as will eat in quite a bit with having our son.

Do the marinos apt's have a baby pool or just the large one?

would you recommend the Marinos for us as a family ?

Also taxis with the baby, do they have car seats or is this not a requirement you just have baby on your knee ?

thank you so much

Donna

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

Hi there Donna

The end of September will be a good time to go, weather should still be good and warm and the sea and pools will be warm too. There's is the chance of a cloudy or less than perfect day around this time but we went to Lassi in late October one year and had perfect weather all week, dry, warm and sunny although the evenings do cool down quickly.

I checked a few review sites and the Marinos seems to be highly regarded by all who stay there. I couldn't find mention of a toddlers pool but maybe someone who has stayed there recently can shed light on that.

Marinos is only 200m from the beach and there are 2-3 supermarkets in Lassi where you can buy pretty much everything you'd need for a SC holiday.

There are plenty of places to go for a walk with the buggy including the back way to Argostoli which takes you out to the Fanari peninsula before the road loops back into the town. If you're really energetic, you can make the climb up the lanes that lead up to the hillside that overlooks the resort for amazing views all the way across to Lixouri.

As far a taxis are concerned, for the short rides I guess you'll be taking, the child can sit on your knee. Whether the drivers would have a baby seat in the car is highly unlikely anyway. If however you want to rent a car, they should be able to provide a seat.

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
400 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

I am staying at the Marinos in August, will post a report when I get back but hopefully people will have stayed there before me and post some reports before I go.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,362 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

We stayed at Marinos last August and had a great time. It is worth noting that if you have a 1-bed apartment then you are all in the same bedroom, there isn't a 3rd bed in the living room as you might find in some apartments. I was so glad we did some research before we went as we took my OH's 14 year old and we booked a 2-bed apt. It wouldn't have worked well with him in our room! The "living" area consisted of the kitchen and a table, but we sat outside most of the time anyway.

The pool doesn't have a paddling area, although the shallow end is probably waist deep. There were just enough loungers and umbrellas around the pool, although you might find that there is little or no shade on the terrace/balcony of your apartment. We were lucky in that the apartment we had had a tree outside the terrace for shade. They do provide a beach umbrella in the apartment, but I don't think there were any stands to use them on the patio/balcony.

The beach is down steps, so you would have problems with the buggy there, but the main road through Lassi where the restaurants etc are is pretty flat and has good pavements.

There are a few small supermarkets, but the one furthest from the apartments was by far the cheapest, the two closest were more expensive. They had everything you would need to self cater, but we ate out every night. We did do breakfast and lunch at the apartment most days though. There is a kettle and two hot plates.

Hope that helps, but if you need any more info just PM me.

Nicky

BRISTOL, UK
Level Contributor
55 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

I've been to Marinos when my daughter was 2 - we were at the top of a steep driveway and pushing the buggy was a bit of a chore but that is not really a complaint! There was no pool when we stayed either, I have seen the pool since and I must admit I found it in a strange place, overlooking the main road.

Next to Marinos is San Lorenzo Village - slightly more pricey but I notice it has a toddler pool. I am going there in May, I can let you know more in June if you haven't already booked?

With regards to taxi's I have bought something called a Safety Hug off the internet, the child can sit in a taxi and use the safety belt, attach the Safety Hug to the seat belt and it lowers the belt to the right height for the child. Safer than having no car seat.

Like Nicky said if you need any further info about the location etc please get in contact - I have been to Lassi 3 times, this year will be the 4th. We also like to explore and visit Ithaca too while we stay, often overnight.

Take care

Collette

5. Re: Thinking of going to lassi (marinos apt's) few Q's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lassi