We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

Which Lassi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

Hi everyone,

I have been trawling through the holiday brochures and have narrowed it down to Kefalonia or The Red Sea, two very different holidays!! Has anyone stayed at the Hotel Makis in Skala? Would really appreciate any advice as we have never been to Kefalonia before and not sure where is the best place to stay. We want to be as close to the beach as possible with nice tavernas etc within walking distance although we would hire a car to explore what looks like a wonderful island.

Thanks

Linda :)

Francia
Level Contributor
18 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

Hi again,

(soory but my pc reboots without warning)

I was saying that I agree with GBfromDevize.

However if you want to go to Skala you won't be disappointed. Skala beach is very clean and really a very good choice.

If you fancy Skala you may have a look at Villa Eliza, a clean accomodation in its own peaceful location, just five minutes away from the beach..Prices are very reasonable !

www.villaeliza.gr

Enjoy your trip to Kefalonia !

bye

xxxx

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

The princess hotel is just down from the San Lorenxo Village and looks very nice, as for beaches i would say Lassi is a lot nicer than Skalas, lovely soft sant not gritty. Take the ferry from Argostoli one night to lixouri for a meal

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

Hi everyone,

Thank you to all who have taken the time to reply to my post.

I am sooo excited and really looking forward to Kefalonia.

I will keep looking at TA for tips on where to go and where to eat etc....

Hope the sun will be shining!

Many thanks :))))) x

14. Re: Thinking of Kefalonia - anyone stayed at Hotel Makis, Skala?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 am, July 26, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations