We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Hi,

My partner went to stalis a few years ago and went to a bar/restaurant that had lots of tree's, fairy lights and swinging chairs but can't seem to find the name of it online.

People have mentioned the lights but no one mentions the name online! It might not be there anymore but just thought I'd ask!

Thanks

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
201 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

could be the cheeky monkey

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
548 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

I know the place you mean - it was heading towards Malia - swinging chairs, lights everywhere. We went in because the kids were desperate to go and sit in the 'cool' chairs. I have no idea what it was called, sorry, but it isn't there anymore.

I think when we were in it it must have been about 6 or 7 years ago? Would that be about right?

Sheffield, England...
Level Contributor
32 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

We went this year, there was a bar called chill out bar. It was near kyknos hotel. It didn't have fairy lights but did have the swinging chairs. Our kids loved it here too.

Edited: 3:11 pm, December 01, 2014
Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Yeah it was quite a number of years ago so 6-7 plus is probably about right.

Shame it's not there any more but explains why I couldn't find it on TripAdvisor so thanks for your help!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Hi could be the Africa bar we went there this year it's just past the beachcomber down a lane towards the sea it had lots of fairy lights and swinging chairs good atmosphere I think it also had a restaurant attaché to it

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Hi could be the Africa bar we went there this year it's just past the beachcomber down a lane towards the sea it had lots of fairy lights and swinging chairs good atmosphere I think it also had a restaurant attaché to it -----alby

Bridgend County...
Level Contributor
349 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

The bar was apparently part of Sofokles Hotel which is now the Aggelo Hotel. It was just down from the Rose and Crown. It is now the Kostas Golden Beach restaurant. If you play the video below you'll see the fairy lights a little further down the road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCxB4QmJhFk

Link below shows you the location on google streetview more recently....

https://goo.gl/maps/byGkJ

Jamie

Level Contributor
84 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

Thanks for that that's amazing, will show my partner to see if she recognises it.

She wanted to show me it but obviously that's not possible in person now, tried finding pictures of a restaurant next to sofkles but no luck yet!

Merthyr Tydfil...
Level Contributor
410 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

I think its called Anok Toro Africa bar just off beach road .

10. Re: Bar/Restaurant in Stalis - Fairy Lights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations