We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Supermarkets in Stalis

York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Supermarkets in Stalis

A question from my other half wants to know what are the best supermarkets in Stalis. Or are they all more or less the same value for money? For the usual buys for food, presents etc. and of course beers, and spirits to take home.

Thanks.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Supermarkets in Stalis

Hi there

Loads of choice in Stalis and they are all pretty much priced the same. If you want beer from a shop, buy glass bottles as they are way cheaper than tins. Most resorts have a couple of booze emporiums where you can get spirits cheaper than at the airport, same for cigarettes as well.

York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Supermarkets in Stalis

Thank you for your quick reply.

We often like to have a couple of drinks on the balcony before we head out or should I say he does whilst he is waiting for me to get ready..Lol So I will buy a few bottles of beer to keep cool in the fridge.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,552 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Supermarkets in Stalis

As GB said you'll have no problem getting anything you need in the Stalis supermarkets with a large selection of wines and beers. We've used the same one for the last few years and always go home with a complemtary bottle of wine on our last day.

York
Level Contributor
15 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Supermarkets in Stalis

Hi, Thanks for your reply it's good to know that we can stock up whilst there, I remember the first year I ever went abroad I took lots of my favourite foods in my case must have thought that I was going to starve for 2 weeks..Lol

5. Re: Supermarkets in Stalis

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations