We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

Manchester United...
Level Contributor
236 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

Does anyone know if there is a boat running to Elafonisi this season (2013)?

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,424 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

Dore,

Just want to check that you know there is nothing, really nothing, at Elefonisi other than the beach? There are a couple of rent-room places & basic tavernas to serve people as they leave, but it really is a day-trip place. Just in case you were trying to get straight there thinking you'd stay for your whole holiday, I wouldn't recommend that!

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

It may be worth noting that this year there's a daily BUS service from Paleochora to Elafonisi for an incredible fare of only €5 per person each way! That's much cheaper than the boat which is €8 /person each way.

the bus leaves Paleochora bus station at 10.00 am daily and takes about 90 minutes (great views on the way from the bus) and leaves Elafonisi at 17.00 hrs.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

It may be worth noting that this year there's a daily BUS service from Paleochora to Elafonisi for an incredible fare of only €5 per person each way! That's much cheaper than the boat which is €8 /person each way.

the bus leaves Paleochora bus station at 10.00 am daily and takes about 90 minutes (great views on the way from the bus) and leaves Elafonisi at 17.00 hrs.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
92 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

I do confirm what Cretaphile wrote!

Just a tip: the bus from Paleochora to Elafonissi is not a direct bus, as well as from Elafonissi to Paleochora!

As I wrote on my "Creta diary" (by the way I don't know if has been published yet, if is not it will be published during these days, I bet!), anyway I took myself the bus at 10am from Paleochora to Elafonissi, cost 5€/way; is a small bus wich reaches a big road after 40 min more or less and were it waits for a big bus coming from Chania to Elafonissi (which leaves Chania at 9am). Drivers are in communication between them by phone, so drivers from Paleochora will tell drivers from Chania to do the stop and takes people coming from Paleochora (I was the only passenger! :)

Once you are in the big bus if you'd like you can ask the driver to stop to Moni Chrissoskalitissa as well, they do a stop close but once you stop there and get down from the bus you have to walk to Moni Chrissoskalitissa and then walk the way back to Elafonissi because the bus you went off from is the only bus in the morning! The way is not too long, may be 1h - 1h30' .... but I'm not sure, I didn't do it! I preferred to go to the beach! ;)

For the way back Elafonissi-Paleochora is the same thing: once you reach the big car-park you get on a big bus and tell the driver you have to go to Paleochora, the driver will contact Paleochora's driver to reach him to the same morning place and to do the change of the bus!

Is IMPORTANT that you said you have to go to Paleochora otherwise the driver will go straith to Hania!

Hope this can help! :)

Mentioned in this post
Elafonissi  Beach
Elafonissi Beach
9,893 Reviews
Crete, Greece
Chania Town
Chania Town
Crete, Greece
15. Re: Boat to Elafonisi from Paleochora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, August 16, 2014