We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

I'm just back from another wonderful few weeks in Paleochora ... this place is just like a drug; I can't stop going back again and again and again .....!

With various forum posts discussing taxi fares and lots of differing advice about fares I thought it would be useful to post the current official taxi fares on here to avoid any further confusion !!!

Note these are the OFFICIAL fares as printed on the boards at the airport taxi stands. Look at the official board BEFORE you speak to a taxi driver. You may be able to negotiate a lower price, but get the driver to agree the price BEFORE you agree to get into the taxi. If he quotes higher than the official price tell him you won't pay more than the official price. Or go to another driver until you find one who gives you the right price. Don't be intimidated by them!

these prices are all one way:

Heraklion Airport - Paleochora €262

Heraklion Airport - Chania €174

Heraklion Airport - Heraklion bus station €10

Chania Airport - Paleochora €110

Chania Airport - Chania bus station €23

Also just to re-iterate about KTel bus fares -

Heraklion bus station - Paleochora €20 per person each way

Chania airport - Chania bus station €2.30 pp each way

Chania bus station - Paleochora €7.60 pp each way

As for car hire - the Paleochora companies are no longer cheap and bear in mind that petrol/diesel is very expensive now. A single journey from Paleochora to Chania airport will cost you at least €15 - 20 for just one way travel plus the cost of your car hire.

Please message me if you require any further advice about either taxi or bus transfers. I am very used to doing the journey between Paleochora and both airports.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

In response to a some posts on this thread that I started, if anyone has decided they want to find the best fares and service for a taxi to/from Paleochora I have to say that in our personal experience spanning over 20 years of travelling to Paleochora, that the best taxi firm to use is the one based in Paleochora. This is the link to their website

http://www.palaiochora.com/psarakis/

they are reliable and friendly and will come to collect you from either Chania or Heraklion airports and even if your flight's delayed, they wait for you (at no extra charge). Their prices are much more competitive this year and they also have a brand new Mercedes minibus taxi at a very good price. Well worth emailing them to get a price if you can't get the public bus.

west sussex uk
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Just to confirm that we also have stayed a couple of times at Europa/Villa Marise, which as others have said is right on the beach.

Having a pool is great, as it makes a nice change from the beach on windy days.

We are going back to Pal' later this year - can't wait, it's a great place for a holiday.

Sutton Coldfield...
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Think you've got this in the wrong thread!! This is about taxi fares not places to stay!!!!

2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

I need to get to Heraklion from chania airport can you advise on the cheapest taxi/ shuttle bus service from there?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Taxi is €160:

taxi4chania.gr/index.php/en/pricelist-chania…

Bus is a lot cheaper - but no good if you're arriving late at night:

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Sorry, meant to add links:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

I don't know how much call there is for shared shuttle etc., probably the best thing to do is to put your arrival details into resorthoppa or a2b and see if anything other than (very expensive)taxis comes up.

Other alternatives could be hiring a car, or staying a night in Chania if you arrive late, and get the bus the next day.

What time are you arriving?

2 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

We arrive at 01.00hrs

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,323 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

Hmmm. No buses then. Are you staying in Heraklion and returning to Chania? Hire-car would be the best option if you are - assuming you drive of course!

Chania Town, Greece
1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

cheaper taxi company www.paleochora-taxi.com

20. Re: Paleochora - taxi fares to/from Chania & Heraklion airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 14, 2014