We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking in the stubai valley

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
walking in the stubai valley

Can anyone suggest a suitable map for walking in the stubai valley/neustift in the summer.

when we visited a few years back, there was a Kompass map (may have been wanderwalks?) issued by Inghams which showed all the lifts, and walks in the area but apparently this is no longer offered. any suggestions where I can get one or something similar?

7 replies to this topic
Bad Ischl, Austria
Level Contributor
3,690 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking in the stubai valley

www.amazon.co.uk

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking in the stubai valley

thanks but unfortunately that doesn't help much. I've not been able to locate the previous maps we were given so I need advice on an alternative. all the books/maps I've located are quite expensive and I don't want to waste my money on something thats not suitable.

Vienna
Level Contributor
2,741 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: walking in the stubai valley

Hi,

please ask for a hiking map at the Tourist Office of Stubai.

info@stubai.at

Kind Regards

Claudia

ross on wye England
Level Contributor
12 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking in the stubai valley

Kompass Maps cover all of Austria. Just bought one today for Innsbruck & Brenner from The Map Shop in Upton on Severn. They do mail order.

http://www.themapshop.co.uk/

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
25 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking in the stubai valley

Thats great - thanks very much x

Nottingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking in the stubai valley

I use the Kompass Wanderkarte 1:50,000 Sheet 83 Stubaier Alpen and also have the Stubaital - Gschnitztal Tyrolia Wanderkarte 1:35,000, both of which are very good. The supermarket, newspaper shops and Tourist Office all sell them but if you want to work out routes before you go then The Map Shop is great for service. It is fantastic valley to walk in and is child friendly and the Tourist Office often lays on guided walks. The paths are well marked en route but do watch out for the weather forcast, it is high Alpine country and it can change quickly. By the way the Tourist Office do a walking medal scheme which can be good fun and a bit of a nudge to stretch the legs.

Krabi Town, Thailand
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: walking in the stubai valley

Stubai is an amazing place. Especially in the winter!

Here a little video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRUTJOurwIY

Reply to: walking in the stubai valley
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Neustift im Stubaital
More Neustift im Stubaital Topics