We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach??. Best season to see the volcano??

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
Best Beach??. Best season to see the volcano??

We are planning to go costa rica for our honeymoon, which are the best beaches in costa rica?

I heard Playa Conchal will be a good place, i saw some pictures from the paradisus but i am wondering why is the watter that color in those pictures, it is look like caribbean but looking at the map it is in north pacific.

Also we want to see the volcano in arenal, wich is the best season to see it??.

I appreciate your comments.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Beach??. Best season to see the volcano??

Are there any bad beaches in Costa Rica? That may be the real question. We loved Playa Grande for its absolute beauty and the fact that it was simply not crowded though there may have been 100 or more people on it. Staying at the nearby Hotel Bula Bula added a lot to our being here as well...great rooms, food and ambiance. Plus Tamarindo is nearby for more action.

Manuel Antonio has a number of beaches with crowdes of varying sizes and incredible wildlife in the park. There are also many good lodgings and places to eat and drink.

Jaco's a lot of fun, more of a surfer town and very popular.

Playa Flamingo is more established, perhaps more up-scale and well on the established tourist route but with great beaches.

We never saw Aranal erupt but just the same had a lot of fun in La Fortuna.

Monterrey, Mexico
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Beach??. Best season to see the volcano??

Thanks a lot for your comments, i will try to search about Playa Grande. We have never been in Costa Rica, but we both are nature lovers, we are exciting.