We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Tango Mar

Tumalo, Oregon
6 posts
Restaurants near Tango Mar

Hello! Staying at Tango Mar soon. Have car. Looking for affordable and good dining options. Many thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
10,358 posts
71 reviews
1. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

If you go to the reviews of your hotel on TA, at the bottom, you will see Nearby Restaurants, as well as Nearby Attractions, etc. - https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Hotel_Review-g644… . Each has lots of own reviews.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
776 posts
27 reviews
2. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Henry's Pizza in Tambor not only has good pizza but ribs, salads, and pasta. Henry is closed on Tuesday. Try Wonderland and Tierra y Fuego, both located in Delicias. They are only open Thursday thru Sunday. La Josefina in Cobano is pretty good. For a good breakfast go to Me Huele a Café, also located in Cobano.

My hubby and I like dining at Tango Mar. We especially like the restaurant on the beach for lunch. Clandestina's in Montezuma gets good reviews from my friends, but we've never eaten there - have only visited the butterfly farm. If you like Italian go to Chelo's in Montezuma.

Tumalo, Oregon
6 posts
3. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Thanks for taking the time to tell us all that! Super helpful. Blessings to you

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
776 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

I didn't mention El Tronco before as it was closed, but it has since reopened with a new chef. It is located in Tambor on the road to Cobano. When you are headed to Tango Mar, you will see the sign on the right hand side. It's a big sign with the Coca Cola emblem. In fact, it's located across the road that will lead you to Henry's Pizza. Anyway, we haven't eaten there since they reopened, but our friend said their chicken parm is very good. I don't know what else is on the menu. They used to have steak, fish, and chicken. They also used to be closed on Monday, but I don't know if this is still the case.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
776 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Add Costa Coral in Tambor to your list. They reopened recently under new management. We had dinner there tonight, and it was very good. We look forward to going back. The person who is running the hotel/restaurant is also running El Tronco Steakhouse.

Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

I do not know the name of the resturant but it is in Cobano . as you are entering Cobano and you get to the 4 way intersection it will be on the right hand side. next to where they repair the school busses. I have found the Seafood and rice to be very good.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
776 posts
27 reviews
7. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Are you talking about the soda on the right hand side just before you get to the intersection? The yellow building? I don't know the name of it either. We've only eaten breakfast there, but having had the breakfast at Me Huele a Café, that's our "go to" place for breakfast now.

Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Seaturtlewoman, yes that is the place, I have never known the name but kinda like the food there. Plus from that intersection you can go to either Montezuma, or Mal Pais/ Santa Teresa quite easily. Where would a person locate Me Huele a Café? always looking for a good place to eat.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
776 posts
27 reviews
9. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Before you get to the intersection, there is a road on your left that leads to one of the hardware stores. As soon as you turn left onto this road, you will see Me Huele on the left. It opens at 0700.

Also, La Josefina is another good choice. It is on the left hand side right after the police station as you get into Cobano. It used to be a pizzeria/chicken place. My husband likes their shrimp. The last time we were there I got a crunchy wrap, which is a burrito, and it was quite good. The first time I ordered a chicken salad. It came with homemade croutons, which is something I've never gotten here. I would have liked it better if the lettuce had been cold, but they heated the entire plate, so I won't be ordering that again!

Edited: 10:51 pm, August 04, 2018
Grants Pass Or.
Level Contributor
454 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Restaurants near Tango Mar

Seaturtlewoman thank you for the tips. Now I am wishing I was there....

Reply to: Restaurants near Tango Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted