We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unawatuna Advice Please

Which Unawatuna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Unawatuna Advice Please

Hi Erik

Thank you for your response, havnt been able to respond as for some reason my post has been removed by Trip Advisor? i didnt think it a negative posting - hmmmmm......

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,617 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unawatuna Advice Please

Hi Caroline,

You posted it twice. And strange enough they managed to remove one of the 2 and close down the other thread ;-). A bit overkill, but still better than a duplicate message because that creates lot of confusing crosstalk threads (the Unuwatuna forum is also visible when you browse the Sri Lanka forum etc.).

Tnx,

<Erik>

Liskeard, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unawatuna Advice Please

Ah explains all - thanks Erik - still really confused about best place to go, I loved sri lanka so much and really want the best out of this (within a budget lol) the problem is that there are so many fab places to visit (I want to see them all) but the infrastructure lets it down a bit ie it takes so long to get from a to b - even to get a taxi to the hotel I guess we are looking at £100 plus so am wondering if its worth hiring a car? do you actually live there?

Regards

Caroline

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,617 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unawatuna Advice Please

Hi again Caroline,

Yes it's challenging. We live there around 1 month/year but own a house, so almost daily contacts with family (who also lives in that house) and friends.

Hiring a car for selfdrive is as expensive as car with driver and for a number of reasons NOT recommended for most tourists.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unawatuna Advice Please

And strange enough they managed to remove one of the 2 and close down the other thread ;-).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts were not removed by TA staff, but by fellow members that reported the duplicate postings.

Hans

5. Re: Unawatuna Advice Please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 01, 2013