We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

banan garden unawatuna

england
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
banan garden unawatuna

we recommend the banana garden with no hesitation It is situated in the most beautiful spot on the bay. The rice and curry, ordered 1 to 2 hours in advance are extremely good, the staff and manager are friendly and have that particular sri lanka old fashioned loveliness. Not for the ravers but beautifully situated with coconut trees ouside your balcony. Rooms basic very clean, bed comfortable, double over 5' wide and over 6' long with a firm mattress , so comfortable, In the afternoon during high tide the ocean swirls around your sun lounger . Arrive from colombo and walk through reception to see a tourquoise sea, it will take your breath away. Beach traders ar not too pushy and if you speak or buy from them they will leave you alone. Older guy on the beach does really great, professional massage especially for swollen feet, really good

Highly recommended.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: banan garden unawatuna

Hi,

Welcome to TripAdvisor.

You should write a review of your experience. Forum posts soon disappear among other posts and can be difficult to find for future visitors.

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g644047-d1413…

Hans

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: banan garden unawatuna

hi

do you have an e mail address for the guest house so i can contact them for availability in february

thanks

julie

Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: banan garden unawatuna

hi julie ,the only other review of this place is not very complimentary and both reviews are by first time posters so are generally not given much credibility.

england
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: banan garden unawatuna

Hi

I do assure you that the review I wrote on 24th January about the Banana Garden is valid. We stayed there for 2 weeks and it was really good. It depends what you are looking for but for us it wwas perfect. It is a small guest house with a small reception and dining room together. One side of it is open to the beach and the sea. When the tide is really high the Ocean comes right up to the hotel and you have to dodge the waves to walk along the beach at night but it is truly beautiful, clean and the food is simple but great.

It is quieter than further along the beach but that is fine and we loved it. I don't know about the bad review but everyone is different.

Wish I was there!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: banan garden unawatuna

You can find contact details here: http://www.unawatunahotel.com/

Hans

Edited: 4:39 pm, February 05, 2010
Znojmo, Czech...
Level Contributor
3,124 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: banan garden unawatuna

hi liya ,good that you came back .it is very common for a first time poster to come on and post a glowing review never to be seen again,which as you can imagine is viewed with suspicion .i suggest you put your review with the other one where it will stay forever as on this page it will disappear in a few days..

any more info on your sri lankan holiday is welcome ..

7. Re: banan garden unawatuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Unawatuna